Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2024, 07:48 AM

By the way, along with the Miracase I mentioned above, I also typically use a ProClip USA (not Panavise) mount designed for each vehicle.

This allows for secure mounting somewhere within reach on the dashboard, and usually without having to drill any holes...or any visible holes, depending on the vehicle.

Then I mount an AMP mount to the ProClip, and the Miracase to the AMP mount...
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy

Last edited by C40_guy; 03-05-2024 at 08:23 AM. Reason: edited doe to brain fart
Old 03-05-2024, 07:56 AM

proclipusa.com

I have used a lot of phone holders, and I use a quadlock for my bikes - but the proclipusa phone holder that I put in my car is SOLID.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:15 AM

I use my iPhone as my bike computer in a Quad Lock mag case. Along with mounts on all my bikes and my kayak, I have their mag charging mount attached to a vent next to the head unit. I just slap it on there when I get in the car, and it charges away. I have wireless CarPlay so I don't need to plug in at all.

Agreed on not using the phone while driving, but since I work from home, 80% of my time is spent sitting in the school pick-up/drop-off line. And when I'm on trips the phone displays the next 5 turns to go with the Apple Maps navigation on CarPlay.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:23 AM

Quad Lock all the way! I ride a motorcycle for a living and it's the ticket. I use it off road, on road, mountain bike and road bike.
For the car, there is a vendor on E Bay that makes an insert with a metal surface that I put on to use a standard magnetic mount in the car or truck. The Quad Lock car mounts that suction to the windshield are very secure but bulky.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoman View Post
proclipusa.com

I have used a lot of phone holders, and I use a quadlock for my bikes - but the proclipusa phone holder that I put in my car is SOLID.
Whoops...that's what I meant in my earlier post. Edited for clarity.
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 03-05-2024, 08:31 AM

Both of my cars are old enough to have a CD slot, so I have the holders that sit in there. Works a treat.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:56 PM

I only use my phone for navigation. Unless someone else is in the car to answer etc, I don't use my phone otherwise.

I have a large dash that is set back a bit so it requires a long reach arm. I don't want to use my vents. I don't have a CD player.

I got this:

Haven't use it for a long trip yet but it holds my phone well (otter box on a Galaxy S9 plus), releases quickly, and doesn't move around until I move it around.

$10 also.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:52 PM

Weather Tech phone holder. Don't know if it's the best, but it works good. Have seen some other much cheaper on Amazon that looked just as good.