Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2021, 04:15 PM

Thanks folks. I ordered the adapter suggested and two 30mm fixing bolts for the rear. The bolts to attach the adapter to the fork are pretty standard M5 bolts and I have some stainless ones in stock, along with flat and lockwashers.

Does the adapter come with fixing bolts? The Competitive Cyclist rep said yes, but it doesn't say that anywhere on their listing.

Do folks Loctite any of these connections?
Old 05-19-2021, 02:55 PM

I have returned to admit that I am a nitwit.
The caliper mount bracket that Batman pointed me towards arrived yesterday. So last evening I go to see how it mates up with the caliper, and lo and behold, there's already an adapter bolted onto the caliper. DUH! I looked in the packing for loose parts originally and didn't see the mount and bolts, but it didn't occur to me they'd come already bolted to the caliper. DUH!
Old 05-19-2021, 06:15 PM

Didn't the mounting bolts come underneath the cardboard packing in the bag with the pads and the pad holder aparter spring? I just bought two Ultegra calipers and both did. And yes the front comes with the bracket attached. You just need to make sure you have it in the right orientation for your chosen disc size. Mine came set up for 140mm rotor.

If not I have an extra pair that you can have if you want. I think they are quite long but didn't measure. LMK