Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2020, 01:41 PM

Just noted that the Lynskey Backroads has a 20% coupon. You could get frame and fork for $1479 and complete bike with Ultegra at $3240. I think you could easily put together a complete bike within your $3k budget using your own parts.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:49 PM

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-cgr-ti/ - one of those may be a good option also
Old 09-28-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnica View Post
I think she would consider one. How does it ride on the road? Like everything else though it’s hard to find one let alone a good color in the right size.

I personally like the Columbus frame bombtrack but she didn’t seem that interested in it.
Definitely call Golden Saddle in L.A. about any All City. If anyone can track one down for you, they can.

That said, the Lynskey idea is a very good one. I have a Cooper (older model) and would take it anywhere.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:08 AM
Vendor

For whatever reason Niner seems to be a divisive company, but I've followed their story a bit for years and was really impressed with their fork when it first came out.

Now, years later, both my wife and I replaced all our cross/road/touring bikes with Niner Rlt9's and we love them. And they are the aluminum frames and not the carbon, mostly for the touring reasons.

The carbon RLT 9 RDO seems to be a bike some people really like, but I have no experience with it. The geometry is similar to the RLT9, and it has the same fork, and I can say that, sized down, these bikes are super fun. Awesome on the road, and good off. It's essentially a mtb frame construction, but with cross/race handling. It's really fun. Lots of room for a dropper if she wants that. Tons of mounts for bags and touring gear.

Again, some people seem cool with Niner as a company, some people seem to dislike them? Same goes with the RLT 9 range, but I love the bike as does my wife. Definitely a "do everything well" frame/fork except maybe really heavy mountain biking.

Last edited by rain dogs; 09-29-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-cgr-ti/ - one of those may be a good option also
Do you have any personal experience with these? Some of them look pretty decent if the frames are reasonable. Any idea who makes them?