Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM

ot: regarding Level Airlines from SFO to Barcelona

Need to vent. Made reservations months ago to fly to Barcelona from SFO in premium economy. They have jerked me around now at least four times. Changing the day of the outgoing flight after I made other contingent hotel and shuttle flight reservations. Cancelled those and rebooked based on Level's change. Then a one hour flight change that caused the shuttle flight change and more fees. And then today got a personal phone call telling me the plane I was supposed to fly on did not have enough premium economy seats. So I can fly economy, not a huge deal, or come back two days earlier or two days later = changing contingent bookings again.

Phuck Level Airlines to hell.
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM

I'm not familiar with Level...but...I have a personal rule - no budget airline travel. Life's too short. Travel is stressful enough.
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Not to excuse them, but this is a low-cost carrier with a fleet of 6 jets serving all their destinations. Compared with Aer Lingus (not a true low-cost, but usually more affordable than the big name carriers) with 50+ jets.

FWIW, we had something similar happen with BA a few years back. Flight into Heathrow (from Dulles) was moved by a few days, which caused us to change final destination from Edinburgh to Glasgow and eat a small change fee (less $ than changing accommodations and less hassle than changing itinerary). It sucked, but not sure what else we could have done.

Last edited by Alistair; Yesterday at 12:54 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM

amen to that

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
Not to excuse them, but this is a low-cost carrier with a fleet of 6 jets serving all their destinations. Compared with Aer Lingus (not a true low-cost, but usually more affordable than the big name carriers) with 50+ jets.
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
I'm not familiar with Level...but...I have a personal rule - no budget airline travel. Life's too short. Travel is stressful enough.
Small, low-cost “spin-off” of Iberia/IAG, based in Spain, with a few long-haul routes to US cities.
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM
but not really

We went to Spain in November. Boston to Barcelona, Madrid to Boston. Booked via Iberia. We had no clue our Barcelona flight was actually a Level trip. It sucked. Cramped and uncomfortable seats, stingy service, and surly staff. Our return from Madrid was on Iberia. Much more comfortable, better service and nicer staff. Definitely not top end but many many...levels above the first flight.

Lesson learned, we'll pay closer attention to the operating airline before clicking Buy.
Old Today, 06:22 AM

Level is a joke. It's like asking for extra legroom on Hooters Air. The old adage you get what you pay for applies. Don't expect so much as a peanut between SFO and BCN. Level operates on rockbottom fares period. Premium economy is an illusory concept.
Old Today, 06:45 AM
Administrator

I'm jealous. I havent been to Barcelona in many years, but such a cool city. Enjoy the trip eddie!

As others mentioned, budget airfare can be a nightmare, and if things go sideways, can certainly wind up costing way more than the initial savings.

Similarly, trying to save a few bucks through 3rd party booking sites like expedia travelocity, etc can really burn you if things go less than perfect, and let's face it, these days with travel, things rarely go 100% according to original plan, so booking direct with reputable companies that have reasonable flexibility policies really does matter.