Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2021, 04:12 PM
Pedals

Mid Coast Maine Cycling is very good, incredible.

Mid Coast, specifically, Damarisscotta, Bremen, Bristol, South Bristol, Christmas Cove Pemaquid Point Area. Cycling is very good, very hilly. Roads are in decent shape. Most cars are respectful of Cycling and there is a big push to keep it that way. Lots of new signage for cyclist. Pemaquid beach is a great family beach. Water is swimmable and the sand is fine. Plus we have Damariscotta Lake, Pemaquid Pond and Biscay Pond. Several great dinning locations out on the peninsula. Feel free to ask me for loops for cycling. Plenty of 30 -40 mile loops available.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red7 View Post
I live in Amherst. The trails on the West side of the Quabbin and East of 202 are very steep and rugged. The fire roads/gates off 202 are open to bikes but the trails are not. Be warned. Some may know better than me, but much of your route looks technically off-limits to bikes.

Thank you. Probably you are right. All of the routes I find, as well as the quabbin bike resources, focus on areas east and north. I am guessing this would be a route that won’t go as planned. I hesitate to infer anything from heat maps.

Instagram