Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2021, 09:44 PM

Dickies and redhead painters pants, I like their cell phone pockets
Old 03-04-2021, 09:55 PM

+1 for AG jeans. They have outlasted my naked and famous, levis, nudie, j. crew, and lucky.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
I don't like stretchy jeans, which limits my options.

I pretty much stick to Costco/Kirkland brand. They're cheap and comfortable. They fade faster than Levis or other more expensive brands, but I don't care.

This.
Old 03-05-2021, 12:02 AM
'97 Ti Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDollarsign View Post
Is it paceline without someone throwing out something insane expensive as the definitive solution?

I wear Iron Heart 633s. You can only get them at self edge and they come with a 36" inseam. Hands down the best jeans I've had in terms of quality and durability. I'm currently wearing a pair that is 6 years old and have been repaired multiple times.
Yeah, right there with you. Iron Heart 633 and 888 are my favorites, working on a newish pair of 888 in 25 oz. weight this winter. I suspect the 633 might work for the OP, room in the thighs but a nice taper from the knees down.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:49 AM

Gustin! The heavy stuff. I’m a jeans snob. They last for a while before they revert to shop wear, in which role they have to be washed regularly and last maybe a couple months.

My favourite thing about Gustin is that once you get your fit sorted, you can buy anything else from them (wool!) and they’ll fit the same. Plus they’re looooong and I’m skinny and not short.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:02 AM

Levi 513s - not sure I've ever seen sold in a store though, only online?
Old 03-05-2021, 08:02 AM

Prana bridger jeans are amazing. They stretch, so my thighs don't feel constricted, plus they don't have that bellbottom look that most Prana pants have. The only downside is that they don't have a true denim color. Their blue is pretty much black.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:14 AM

I have several pairs of imogene and willie jeans(when they used cone mill denim) but after 6+ years and numerous repairs they are more repair than original. Now have some Somet denim I’m liking a lot—wear well and ~3 years of near daily wear without holes.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:30 AM

Haven't worn jeans in a while but I have Iron Hearts 301s, Samurai 710s, and 3sixteen 220x-ST's that I've worn throughout the last 10+ years. All have fantastic fabric that aged really well over time.

I think if I was looking for another pair, I'd probably be looking at some Sugar Cane black unsanforized denim!
Old 03-05-2021, 08:37 AM

Lots of cool brands mentioned here I hadn't heard of. There may be a pair of Tellasans and something Taylor Stitch in my future. I've been a Nudie and Naked & Famous guy for a while now. I pull them off eBay which is hit or (mostly) miss. When my credit at the Buffalo Exchange reached $276 I figured I outta find a better way to find stuff.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:40 AM

Levis 505's in 36 length. I am 6'6" and these fit great.

The last few years our office has gone very casual so I have pairs on black, tan and 4 shades of blue. Some of the lighter colors don't last as long as the darker colors, especially black.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:40 AM

I see the listing of what you guys wear, and frankly the only thing I can say is y'all need to get in the squat rack if those jeans fit you...
Old 03-05-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Bonus points if you have an inseam of 35"+

I used to only wear Lucky 363 but have lost some weight and I have to rebuy pretty much all my jeans and pants. Lucky is very low on stock, esp in the long sizes.

Pls post up a specific model name/number if you can. Levi's is a little non-specific.
34” inseam and 6’3”. Levi’s Athletic Cut, or L.L. Bean Loose Fit. I like the lined L.L. Bean jeans for winter use when I plan on being outside. https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/clothi...it_name/541™
Old 03-05-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solz View Post
Haven't worn jeans in a while but I have Iron Hearts 301s, Samurai 710s, and 3sixteen 220x-ST's that I've worn throughout the last 10+ years. All have fantastic fabric that aged really well over time.

I think if I was looking for another pair, I'd probably be looking at some Sugar Cane black unsanforized denim!
Sugar cane 1947s were my first foray into the world of "vintage" Japanese denim 15 years ago - still have them, but they are threadbare and just barely fit. Sugarcane makes some great products.

For the OP, if you like levis maybe try the LVC collection, they are not as nice as they were 5 years ago, but are still an interesting starting point for the rabbit hole of denim.

Today I am in my IH 555s.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:25 AM
bourbon!

Update

I ordered a couple of different fits and washes from American Tall and Dearborn. Love that Dearborn are US made. They were super quick on answering questions and shipped within an hour of me hitting Place Order.

We will see how those work out. Then will likely try some Tellason and Gustin.

Keep 'em coming! There are lots of great new brands I'm finding out about.