Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Rides, Events, Gatherings and Charity events

Old 10-13-2019, 10:28 PM
Post Mod-ern

Albany NY Gravel Gobbler ride Nov. 2

This is a great event that will go out of S&S Farm Brewery near Nassau, NY, southeast of Albany. It's a fundraiser for the Regional Food Bank and the $25 registration is a screamin' deal. 23 and 38 mile gravel routes and a 31 mile road route.

Registration is HERE.

Here's the info from BikeReg. If you live within a couple of hours drive of Albany, it's well worth the trip. The area around Nassau and Chatham is laced with gravel roads that have become a magnet for Capital Region cyclists. . . . Same roads that you may have already ridden as a part of the Farmer's Daughter ride out of Chatham. I'm co-leading the 23 mile gravel route.

Hope to see you there!

BBD

+++++++++

Are you looking for a fun, relaxed end-of-season event where it’s all about the ride, some gourmet food, craft beer and conversation with friends afterward? Sounds pretty good, right? What if we said your registration fee goes to the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York to help people in our community. Sounds even better.

Fantastic bike riding on quiet country roads, followed by food, drink and laughs afterward plus helping others in the community. An unbeatable combo!

Join the Mohawk Hudson Cycling Club for its second annual Gravel Gobbler ride on Saturday, November 2, to benefit the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York. With two gravel rides of 23 and 38 miles, plus a road route of 31 miles, you’re sure to find the perfect loop. Pedal through the rolling countryside around Nassau, New York, and cruise quiet roads past farms, scenic vistas and country estates.

This year’s event features a new 23-mile route and on-site mechanical support offered by Karl Miller and his Velofix mobile repair shop.

Start and finish your ride at S&S Farm Brewery in Nassau. After you finish, enjoy a craft beer and great food selections from Gourmeli’s Taste food truck. Remember to bring some extra cash for your beer and food. Trust us, you won’t want to miss the relaxed vibe at S&S after your bike ride. Relaxing with friends and a S&S beverage after your ride is the perfect way to celebrate your late season achievement.

Registration is $25 per rider and is tax deductible.

About the rides

We have three great routes mapped out that show you the best of the local back roads. Join the fun and turn your pedals for good!

RWGPS 23-mile gravel route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29491102

RWGPS 38-mile gravel route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28604362

RWGPS 31-mile road route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26236062

About the Regional Food Bank

The Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York proudly provides nutritious food year-round to food pantries and other charitable agencies to feed hungry people in 23 counties in northeastern New York. Despite a solid economy, requests for emergency food have been steadily increasing, especially among the working poor. In fact, the working poor comprise the fastest growing segment of people in need of food assistance. Your tax-deductible donation to the Food Bank will help alleviate hunger in our Capital Region community and beyond.

About S&S Farm Brewery

S&S (Sanford and Sentz) Farm Brewery has grown from a small family farm that has been owned and operated by the Sanford family since the 1800s. Over the years, the farm has evolved from a multi-faceted production farm to a dairy, and now, to a farm brewery. S&S is currently in the process of growing its farm operation, as they are increasingly incorporating their own ingredients into their beer while continuing to support New York State farm businesses. The result? New York brewed beer with a taste that can’t be duplicated anywhere else! Visit them at http://sandsbrewery.com/blog/

The Ride Nitty Gritty

Pace: All rides will have a group leader and the groups will stay together and regroup frequently. Gravel ride pace is 11-13 mph and for road, 13-15 mph. This is not a race to Hammertown!
Bikes: Bring your gravel, cyclocross, mountain or hybrid bikes or road bikes with wider (28mm or so) tires.
Friends: Bring ‘em. The more the merrier.
Safety: Rider safety is number one. Helmets are absolutely required. We also strongly suggest you wear high-viz kit and run a front light and daylight rear flasher.
Sag: There ain’t none! So bring everything you need to get back to the start . . . tube, pump, cell phone, cash, etc.
Day-of-event registrations: Bring a check in the amount of $25 payable to the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern NY. We also will accept cash. We cannot accept credit cards for day-of-event registration.
Weather: Are you kidding? It’s November! It might rain—or worse. No refunds, IOUs, rain checks, etc. Ride leaders make the final call on whether each ride loop occurs on Saturday and depends on weather conditions that day.
Check In: Begins at 11:00 a.m. at S&S Farm Brewery on Saturday, Nov. 2. The 38-mile gravel ride begins at noon. The 23-mile gravel ride and 31-mile road ride begin at 1:00 p.m. The bar and food service start at 4:00 p.m.

A thing of beauty is a joy forever--Keats
Old 10-20-2019, 09:07 AM

Looks like fun, plan to attend if the weather cooperates i.e. is above 40 degrees or so and dry!
Old 10-20-2019, 06:16 PM

I plan on making this one. Not sure which ride to do yet though.

Sent from my LGL423DL using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1A View Post
Looks like fun, plan to attend if the weather cooperates i.e. is above 40 degrees or so and dry!
I'm with you. Would like to do the short gravel ride on our triple tandem but it will have to be decent out for the girls.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:15 PM

The first 25% of these rides mimic the Farmer's Fatty ride, which also shares some of the Farmer's Daughter loop. I rode that FF loop a few weeks ago and it's a beautiful ride! Rolling hills, horse farms, fall foliage, great gravel surfaces, nice and quiet. Highly recommend this ride and supporting the Region. I'm hoping to join in on the fun!
Old 10-23-2019, 02:32 PM

This is temping. Might drive up from NJ for it.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:35 PM

It should be a very nice little ride. I am definitely planning on going.

Old 10-23-2019, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Darn. Same day as philly bike show. Can’t make this one.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:11 PM
aka RAEKWON

So I totally thought this was today and got there and there was no one. I messaged Adam and he prob thinks I am crazy lol

I ended up ridding it, the 38 miler.

I wish I could come next weekend and do it again because damn, this was quite the ride. Its excellent. 10/10. Great climbs and some tasty descents. The trees still super colorful, 90% is gravel and tons of amazing views. If anyone is on the fence, sign up because you are going to have a good time. I will be in next year, they should do a 50 miler, I could not get enough.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
So I totally thought this was today and got there and there was no one. I messaged Adam and he prob thinks I am crazy lol

I wish I could come next weekend and do it again because damn, this was quite the ride. Its excellent. 10/10. Great climbs and some tasty descents. The trees still super colorful, 90% is gravel and tons of amazing views. If anyone is on the fence, sign up because you are going to have a good time. I will be in next year, they should do a 50 miler, I could not get enough.
Too bad you wont be joining us next weekend, but at least you had a nice day and scenery buddy!

Old 10-27-2019, 07:20 AM
aka RAEKWON

Yeah I wish I could get out of my commitments but have had them planned for a few months now. Really hope yall get great weather.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:42 AM
Post Mod-ern

Yesterday we test rode the 23 mile gravel route . . .

. . . and the roads were in great shape and the weather was perfect: sunny and mid-50's. There was still plenty of fall foliage left and just wonderful riding with my two friends Chet and John. Chet and I are co-leading the 23 mile gravel ride.

Looks like at this point the forecast for next Saturday is high of 50 and mostly sunny. The brewery is opening two hours early at 4pm to accommodate our riders, and the rides don't start until late morning or early afternoon, so we will have the best of the day's weather.

This event is to benefit the Regional Food Bank, so your $25 entry fee goes to them. Plus we are having a canned food contribution at the ride, so if you register you will get info on that before the ride.

Here's some photos of yesterday's rides and if you want to join us, the registration page is HERE.

Thanks, and hope to see you there and ride with you! If you do attend, please introduce yourself as a fellow Paceline member!

BBD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1120691.jpg (147.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg P1120729.jpg (154.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg P1120799.jpg (150.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg P1120875.jpg (153.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg P1120891.jpg (153.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg P1120914.jpg (113.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg P1120937.jpg (147.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg P1120968.jpg (135.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg P1120984.jpg (156.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg P1130027.jpg (124.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg P1130046.jpg (155.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg P1130053.jpg (149.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg P1130066.jpg (152.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg P1130071.jpg (152.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg P1130081.jpg (149.6 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-27-2019, 09:05 AM
Post Mod-ern

Holey Moley! . . .

. . . sorry that happened to you, Sir!

We met there at 10am . . . surprised we didn't see you. We did see a few riders out on the road. There was one woman and one guy. Were you one of those?

Come on back up this next Saturday and do the 23 miler with us!

Or do the road ride, then join us for a beer and some great food!

BBD

Quote:

Old 10-27-2019, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
that my friend; is hilarious.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:37 AM
Administrator

also, great pics dave!

this looks really excellent. i'm going to have to knock this out on a weekend soon. maybe even sneak it in before the end of the year.

i'm set on going to the philly show though, so i cant make this coming weekend.

have fun all!