Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2021, 09:29 PM

Getting your Ew-WU111 transmitter out of the way will tidy it up a lot. Best option is going carbon bars and running a short length of etube wire to the transmitter inside the drops. I'm not 100% sure what people use to secure it but something like bubble wrap would probably work well. Shimano is pretty adamant that it be external, but it seems like it can be out of sight as long as it's not in something metal like an alloy bar or steel frame.

Enve compact bars match your description, drilled (molded) for di2 right at the lever, short reach and drop, and 1cm flare per side. Brake routing is still external so you don't have to cut hoses. IMO the best if you don't care about the price.

I also like the Zipp SL70 ergo bars (alloy or carbon). The newer ones within the last 2 years or so are drilled for di2 and the shape is really nice. They're not as neatly routed though. I think they're 4 or 6* degree of flare? Not a lot, but they're popular for cross. I've owned like 4 pairs.

The Pro Discover bars also look real cool. I think I'll give that one a shot next.