Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bottle ride View Post
Sales guy-
Thank you for taking the time to post this stuff- and responding to the multitude of questions; it is super interesting and clearly we are one of the few outlets that is privy to the details like this.
Sure thing. I don't mind. Like I said Derrick from FSA might pop in to comment. If he does, play nice.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:44 PM
Vendor

The front derailleur clamp came in today so i finished up the build. I did have to make a call to FSA for about a 5 minute call. I had forgotten how to set the front derailleur trim. It was pretty simple. So much so I can't believe I forgot.

The total build weighs out at 16 pounds 2 ounces. It's a 50cm womens titanium frame. But it's not a crazy light frame- 3 pounds. And it's got a 4 pound wheelset on it. The saddle is a chromoly railed Prologo. So it has some heavy-ish stuff on it. So 16 isn't horrible.

Installing the kit was very simple. Running the wires, very easy. Setting it up, very easy. And I didn't have instructions. Which is why I had to call FSA. I was trying to remember everything from last year. I kept pushing the wrong button to trim the front. My bad there.

I'm going to post pictures tomorrow of the complete build. It looks fantastic. The rims look great on this frame. And I'm going to post a video of the shifting on facebook so people can check it out. That won't be till Friday tho.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:01 PM
DELETE ACCNT

sales guy,

saw this on CT - pretty cool it's being tested in the pro peloton, but you got better photos and info. SCOOP!
"WE drivetrain in Spring with a pricepoint of (US)$2765 for the entire groupset. "

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/01/fsa-...up-raced-2018/

Last edited by pasadena; 01-18-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
sales guy,

saw this on CT - pretty cool it's being tested in the pro peloton, but you got better photos and info. SCOOP!
"WE drivetrain in Spring with a pricepoint of (US)$2765 for the entire groupset. "

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/01/fsa-...up-raced-2018/
It was being tested last year in the Protour by someone else as well. I think it was AG2R. Don't remember.

The US Retail is $2670. This was posted on page 6 with questions that were answered by Derrick from FSA.

I will be posting pics tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:45 PM
Vendor

The bike is finished. Here are complete bike pictures. I love the way it looks. Yes, the crank is a bit bulbous in the arms/spider. But I think it looks great. Love the looks with the wheels.

Here's a link to the video of it shifting thru gears. Ignore the clot trying to shift thru it or the guy putting his finger in front of the camera every so often.

https://www.facebook.com/EnigmaBicyc...2481130452472/

Someone asked me how much space is between the front derailleur and the tire, I didn't measure it but I did post a picture of the gap. The tire is a Clement Strada LGG 700 x 25c. It measures out to be 26mm. But there's a bit of a gap. I will ask the shop I left it with to measure the gap and i'll post it.

Let me know if you have any questions on it. If you're at NAHBS, stop by and check it out and check out the disc version at the FSA booth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2771.jpg (93.9 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2780.jpg (77.5 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2784.jpg (75.6 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2789.jpg (84.1 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2793.jpg (58.0 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2794.jpg (84.4 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2796.jpg (83.6 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2797.jpg (68.0 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2801.jpg (42.0 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2803.jpg (50.9 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2808.jpg (52.0 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2812.jpg (42.7 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2813.jpg (66.2 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2814.jpg (75.7 KB, 192 views)
Old 01-20-2018, 09:57 PM
DELETE ACCNT

great photos
Those chainrings look crazy! Is that hydroformed alloy or ?

I like the crank. It looks like a carbon version of a Shimano DA

Nice looking group. Can't wait to see it out on the road
Old 01-21-2018, 06:59 AM
Proud Grandpa

unfortunate colors/decals on levers..look to much like brand 'x'...thanks for the efforts..crank looks better on bike but nobody ever should whine about the 'looks' of Campag or shimano cranks ever again..
Old 01-21-2018, 07:11 AM

Looks just fine to my eyes, though I'd way rather have a bit less geometry design on the cranks and fewer graphic. Otherwise it's not better or worse looking than products from other manufacturers.

As long as it works well it doesn't really matter. That will be the big test.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:54 AM
aka RAEKWON

that looks much better than I thought it would. Crank actually is not that bad (I do like the 4 arm campy crank and the new shimano cranks, that said sram currently has the prettiest crank by far), if it got rid of the silver crap, it would look good. The levers look a bit weird but I bet they feel nice. The only thing that really stands out still is the gigantic FD.

I wonder how it is to shift when you have thick gloves?

Really nice shifting too from what I see on the video.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:12 AM

Looking good.

Come on campy, WOW us!!!
Old 01-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
great photos
Those chainrings look crazy! Is that hydroformed alloy or ?

I like the crank. It looks like a carbon version of a Shimano DA

Nice looking group. Can't wait to see it out on the road
The chainrings are machined. I posted a picture a few pages back of the backside. They are pretty light and highly machined. They are pretty cool and shift well. Yeah, I mentioned the looks to FSA and how it's very similar to the DA 9100 crankset. One of the guys was like, yeah, I can see that. It's not a bad looking crank. Just wish it were a bit slimmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
unfortunate colors/decals on levers..look to much like brand 'x'...thanks for the efforts..crank looks better on bike but nobody ever should whine about the 'looks' of Campag or shimano cranks ever again..
I don't mind the graphics too much. I don't think they are too horrible compared to some. Yeah, the crank looks much better on a bike. A bigger size frame i think it will look even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
Looks just fine to my eyes, though I'd way rather have a bit less geometry design on the cranks and fewer graphic. Otherwise it's not better or worse looking than products from other manufacturers.

As long as it works well it doesn't really matter. That will be the big test.
It works. It works great too. I really like it. So did the other people at the shop I was at when i made the video. It's also nice that there is more than just the big 3 in electronic shifting. Or in shifting in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
that looks much better than I thought it would. Crank actually is not that bad (I do like the 4 arm campy crank and the new shimano cranks, that said sram currently has the prettiest crank by far), if it got rid of the silver crap, it would look good. The levers look a bit weird but I bet they feel nice. The only thing that really stands out still is the gigantic FD.

I wonder how it is to shift when you have thick gloves?

Really nice shifting too from what I see on the video.
The levers feel fantastic. The hoods have a nice shape and grip to them. The front derailleur I don't think is any bigger than a Shimano or SRAM one. And the rear is much smaller. The shifting with a glove will be fine. It's just a paddle and it has a bit of texture. I was trying to do a better video but I was also trying to stay out of the way of the camera so i kept losing grip of the handlebar. I even mentioned it in the video. Would've been easier to have one person pedal, one shift and one video. It was just two of us at the time the video was made tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Looking good.

Come on campy, WOW us!!!
Not sure what they have going. They've had wireless in their Italy factory for years and years. Who knows what'll happen.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:36 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Looking good.

Come on campy, WOW us!!!
Have you taken a look at ‘My Campy’ as it applies to v3 EPS? The info, the versatility, the various functions?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:10 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Have you taken a look at ‘My Campy’ as it applies to v3 EPS? The info, the versatility, the various functions?
I think he meant in them going wireless.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:58 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
I think he meant in them going wireless.
I know, just being Campag-licious, shocking, I know..
This is kinda wireless ‘light ‘...but I think hard wiring ders to battery is a good way to go.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:27 PM

Cable is a simple solution that works and campagnolo is going for that but wireless had been in my head since a very very long time ago. Read campy had that going on years ago but as somebody said it, never went out or turned in a real posibility. Same happened with electronic, they had for for centuries and they did not put it in production since way after shimano did it.

THe good and the bad of japanese production is that they put the stuff out quick to get the money of the R&D quick, the problem with that is that if they have a glitch they look very bad.