Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2020, 11:54 PM
v a n i l l a

NAHBS Dallas

In previous posts I’ve articulated my perspectives on going to the show (4x attendee).

Consider this a PSA.

When the doors open go directly to paragon machine works and buy a titanium bottle opener. Next go to king cage and buy classic stainless iris stainless or classic titanium. Those cages are never cheaper than at the show.

Now embrace your inner ADD and start your wandering. By the end of the day my bet (over) on the over/under of laps is 4
Old 02-19-2020, 05:06 AM
ZhugeLiang

Thanks for the PSA, tong pal. I will do just that!

I will be at the show from Friday all the way to Sunday. My plan is to go out and ride the bike at least 3-4 hours every day, whether it's in the morning before the show or in the middle of the day or in the afternoon after...but ride every day for sure, to relax and clear out the lactic acid buildup from attending the show.

And I am not really a "Let's meet at the pub for a drink" kinda guy...if you are interested in meeting up, we can either do it at the show or go for a ride.

Last edited by weisan; 02-19-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
In previous posts I’ve articulated my perspectives on going to the show (4x attendee).

Consider this a PSA.

When the doors open go directly to paragon machine works and buy a titanium bottle opener. Next go to king cage and buy classic stainless iris stainless or classic titanium. Those cages are never cheaper than at the show.

Now embrace your inner ADD and start your wandering. By the end of the day my bet (over) on the over/under of laps is 4
Well played. I will be in Dallas too. I may sneak out and check out the shoe if I can.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:43 AM

I live west of the DFW metro-mess about 2 hours from downtown Dallas. This will be my very first NAHBS and I can't wait to see it.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:14 AM

Anyone got the scoop on the "International Grand Prix of Gravel" https://www.bikesignup.com/Race/TX/D...ixofGravel2020. This is an "urban gravel grinder that takes place along the Trinity River in the heart of Dallas", which sounds like it could either be a lot of fun, or really stupid, with not much in between.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:15 PM
bourbon!

I will be there.

If anyone might be up for an evening gathering at a local watering hole, let me know. I can find a place that is close to downtown.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
Anyone got the scoop on the "International Grand Prix of Gravel" https://www.bikesignup.com/Race/TX/D...ixofGravel2020. This is an "urban gravel grinder that takes place along the Trinity River in the heart of Dallas", which sounds like it could either be a lot of fun, or really stupid, with not much in between.
I’m in Dallas and ride the Trinity levees some. They are truly urban gravel levee access roads with no traffic. It’s in the middle of the city adjacent to downtown which is I’m sure why they selected the location. Definitely not really scenic but true grave rides are going to be an hour car ride north or south of Dallas.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:07 AM
ZhugeLiang

Like I said, I will be at the handmade show from Friday to Sunday, trying to line up a couple of road and gravel rides that last anywhere between 3-5 hrs each day. I am willing to drive up to 1-2 hrs to get to a start point. Don't care about difficulty level or climbing elevations, I am up for anything but I am not specifically going out looking for a challenge, that's not me. Not every ride has to be hard or end up bleeding through the nose...looking for low traffic, easily accessible, easy to navigate, scenic...

I will have both my road and gravel bikes with me. Can also bring mtb if necessary.

Does anyone especially if they live in that area, have any specific routes they can recommend?

Thank you.
Weisan

Last edited by weisan; 02-22-2020 at 04:11 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Like I said, I will be at the handmade show from Friday to Sunday, trying to line up a couple of road and gravel rides that last anywhere between 3-5 hrs each day. I am willing to drive up to 1-2 hrs to get to a start point. Don't care about difficulty level or climbing elevations, I am up for anything but I am not specifically going out looking for a challenge, that's not me. Not every ride has to be hard or end up bleeding through the nose...looking for low traffic, easily accessible, easy to navigate, scenic...

I will have both my road and gravel bikes with me. Can also bring mtb if necessary.

Does anyone especially if they live in that area, have any specific routes they can recommend?

Thank you.
Weisan
I like riding from the Grapevine area north to argyle and Denton. Lots of rolling hills and green space. If you are on Facebook I’d recommend checking out the Grapevine Chain Gang page. Even if you don’t go on a group ride all of the ride posts typically have a link to the ride with gps link. Lots of good options depending on the wind direction. For gravel I would recommend DFW Gravel Grinders on Facebook.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:17 PM
ZhugeLiang

Thanks cbh pal

Last edited by weisan; 02-22-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:11 PM

You can go up to the Superdrome in Frisco for something different. They even rent bikes!
Old 02-23-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmradio516 View Post
You can go up to the Superdrome in Frisco for something different. They even rent bikes!
I think it closed a while ago.

Jeff
Old 02-23-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwdm View Post
I think it closed a while ago.

Jeff
Old 02-23-2020, 02:21 PM

gone since 2018.im sure that property had gotten far too valuable for a bike track to afford to stay.they were supposed to find a place to relocate the track but dont think they ever did.yet.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:36 PM

Forgive a question from a NAHBS virgin......but I noticed on their website that you can pre-purchase tickets.

This isn't necessary....is it?