Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Campy or Walk

Name: Bill Bove
Explain your handle: I can't, my parents made it up.
My avitar: The shop cat, Whitey, in full sprint mode.
The stable: Ridable- Legend Ti, two Colorado Al's, Nova Special X. An Atlanta to be built up soon. Projects to get around to: Fat Chance Wicked Light, Paramount (Waterford built) mountain bike. One I'd like to have: Peg Fina someday.
Fastest speed: 60's descending but that shouldn't count, 40 in meaningless county line sprint.
Miles: Around 10K
Biggest lie: Anytime I said "thank you, sir" when I was in the Air Farce.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

C'mon people lets hear from others, don't worry we won't bite.Sandy might but we won't.
I bet there is a pretty eclectic mix on this board, let's hear about you.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:47 AM

I am totally impressed with HOW MANY bikes each of you own.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:59 AM
Tom fKB

I didn't sleep this weekend. I'm beginning to hate my job.

* Real name: Everybody calls me Speedo, but my real name is Mr. Earl.
* where do you live? Old Dorp, across the river from Eel Flats.
* explanation of your handle : Everyone insists on referring to me as this. It started with my family and never stopped.
* explanation of your avatar: The Blue Hungry Rat. To my older sister that diagnosed an illness in me and I'd probably be dead if she didn't I am the 'Rat-like younger brother', I'm always hungry and when I'm not morose or cynical I'm just blue.
* age (general or specific) 43
* occupation: Mainframe operating systems technician, IBM big iron.
* favorite bike: CSi.
* what's in your stable? CSi and the Trek on the trainer.
* fastest speed on a road bike? 54mph coming down Crawford Road. 30 on the flats at the end of the Highlander.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? A little over 4600
* picture of your ride? There's pics of the two CSis in the house in the gallery. Karen's beautiful blue one and the platinum one.
* make up and answer at least one additional question: "Is it a curse to see so clearly the future?" Yes. Yes it is.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told "I only meant it to be a warning shot." Well, no, I never actually said that. You see, I am a pathalogical liar so there's been way too many to figure out which one's the biggest so I had to make one up that sounded cool. Sorry. I'm really very sorry.

It's later than you think.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Captain?

*Residence: North Hampton, NH
*Explanation of Handle: Nickname given to me by my sister at age 8.
*Explanation of Avatar: Haven't figured that part out yet.
*Favorite Bike: IF Steel Crown Jewel.
*Bikes in Stable: IF, Serotta CSI, Fuji Tourer.
*I don't do pictures very well.
*Fastest Speed on a bike: I was told 53 mph, down Dixie Mountain, Portland OR. drafting with a truck. Too terrified to look down at my speedo. I should be old enough to know better. The CSI handled like it was on rails.
*Seasonal mileage: About 3500. Depending on how my knees hold up.
*Not much of a lier. Too much of a space shot to remember who I said what to.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:29 PM

* real name -Rob
* where do you live? Southwest CT
* explanation of your handle - Bianchi, NY Rangers and Warrior Soul (Loud, Semi Punk, Semi Political Band)
* explanation of your avatar -
* age (general or specific) - 42ish
* occupation - Union Milkman, cannot be outsourced. I bring the milk that goes in your coffee.
* favorite bike - Currently, Colnago Master X Light, Olmo San Remo, Ciocc San Cristabol, Casati Laser. On a lugged/filet brazed steel frame revisit.
* what's in your stable? - Santa Cruz Superlight XTR, Specialized LX/XT Hardtail, Mondonico FOCO w/ alloy 10S Centaur, Colnago Master X Light w/ 10S Record, Bianchi XL Boron Pinella w/ 10S grey Centaur, Cannondale CAAD9 w/ carbon 10S Centaur, Bianchi XL Carbon w/ 10S Chorus, Bianchi SL w/ 10SvVeloce, Guerciotti Kangaroo CX w/ 10S Centaur/Chorus.

Last edited by binxnyrwarrsoul; 02-10-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Law Bomb

* where do you live? Connecticut
* explanation of your handle - Blah blah blah
* explanation of your avatar - Don't need one to misrepresent myself.
* age (general or specific) - 42
* occupation - Teacher (pretty soon)
* favorite bike - TST Ti currently
* what's in your stable? TST Ti with Campy Record, 1983 John Howard with 10 speed Ultegra, 1990 Bridgestome MB-1 set up as a tourer
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 60 mph, Mountain Gate Dr. in Los Angeles, 1991
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 5k or so
* picture of yourself or your ride? tried, camera broke
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - I never lie
Old 08-14-2010, 08:27 PM

* real name, Allen
* where do you live? Brooklyn, NY
* explanation of your handle My last name starts with the letter Y, and I question things? I don't really know.
* explanation of your avatar None.
* age (general or specific) 28
* occupation Wholesale Account Manager for Stumptown Coffee NYC
* favorite bike Merlin Titanium from 1989
* what's in your stable? Merlin road, F. Moser cross, Tommasini road
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I so do not go fast.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Not enough.
* picture of yourself or your ride?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:43 PM

* real name - Henry
* where do you live? Eastern Massachusetts
* age (general or specific) - entering my late 30's
* occupation - research... was physics, now economics.
* favorite bike - Steve Rex Model UF
* what's in your stable? - Rex with 97 campy; Waterford 2200 with 98 campy; Ritchey Road Logic with 105; Litespeed Ultimate with 600; Lemond Poprad converted to singlespeed; KHS Aero Track.
* fastest speed on a road bike? 50mph on 2004 AIDS Lifecycle, descent on 101 to Santa Barbara
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? zero: had some health problems that rendered my right arm numb.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told -Me? I'm having a great time...
Old 08-14-2010, 11:35 PM
gud speler

* where do you live: San Francisco, CA
* explanation of your handle: err...
* explanation of your avatar: Seanelli
* age (general or specific): 35
* occupation: Art Director- Advertising, Freelance Graphic Designer on the side (don't tell my boss)
* favorite bike: '89 3 Rensho Katana, full Superbe Pro
* what's in your stable?: 3 Rensho Katana road, 3 Rensho Track, Litspeed something or another with 11sp Record, '72 Taylor Curved tube, okay, this is getting embarrassing, I'll just stop there.

Other stuff: First child on the way, 6 weeks to go and counting. Little girl. I was in the Jets (musical group) comeback video. I recently got to hang out with "Cutty" from the Wire in an LAX lounge waiting for a flight.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:58 PM

* where do you live? I go to school in Berkeley, so I'm there most of the time. I make it back to my hometown of Goleta/Santa Barbara from time to time.
* explanation of your handle: It's my name.
* explanation of your avatar: I like robots.
* age (general or specific): Lets put it this way: The last race I did I was asked if I was doing the Junior's race also and one of my teammates jokes that I'm the "youth development program." I'm 19.
* favorite bike: considering I only have one complete bike right now, it'd have to be my steelman. We'll see how that compares to the prince I'm about to get!
* what's in your stable? steelman w/ 2010 force. 2009 pinarello prince with sram red/7900 split (waiting for the frame to come in the mail), cervelo soloist carbon w/ sram red/7900 split (just sold to my friend, but he hasn't technically gotten it yet so...).
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? no idea. I didn't start actually riding with anything more than a heart-rate monitor until very recently. my guess is the fastest was either bombing s park or centennial in the berkeley hills or somewhere along the 1 near pacifica.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I train based on time not miles so no idea... in terms of hours 10-15 a week depending on what part of the season it is.
* picture of yourself or your ride? Third to the right... with raybans
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I honestly don't know. I am a very honest person.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:32 AM
M_A_Martin

* real name, if you like: Mary Ann...and "Ginger" if you don't like that.

* where do you live? Ferndale, MI. For those of you who don't want to mapquest just think of it as "somewhere in the greater metropolitan Detroit area", and about a mile away from 8 mile...no...I haven't seen the movie.

* explanation of your handle: M. SPACE A. hmmmm, both initials and nickname...I'm not your mom so don't call me "ma". I never pretend, but since I'm posting here people who haven't been around the board for a while think I'm a guy...imagine that!

* explanation of your avatar: My beloved CSI. I don't own it anymore, but I did love it.

* age (general or specific): 40 (specific enough? My birthday was November 17th, did you call? did you send me a present? No!!!? What kind of friend are you?)

* occupation: Technical Writer - Marketing. Some would call that a copywriter but I write original stuff...human resources can't make the leap.

* favorite bike: My beautiful Kirk Terraplane!

* what's in your stable? Kirk Terraplane, Bianchi EV2, Bianchi Eros, Fat Chance Yo Eddy, Bridgestone X-04, Schwinn Continental (mint green cruiser) and a cute little Bianchi folding bike. Hmmmm...I'm happy to say that I've rehomed some bikes. Anyone interested in the EV2? RA...I'm cutting down...there used to be 9 on the list...

* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 115 or so, I-275, 1997? I was just cruising along by myself on a beautiful summer night at 3am and realized I was going stupid fast...OH you mean on a road bike with pedals! Solo bike: 52.5 mph on a curvy descent in northern Michigan (those are pedals, not foot rests!) Tandem: 55, similar area. On the flats solo? I could stick at 28mph (NOT average...) fairly consistantly in September of 2000.

* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 1780

* picture of yourself or your ride? At the bottom of the post...I thought it was neat that the park service painted a sign to match. How thoughtful!

* make up and answer at least one additional question. 5

* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I can't ride, but I think I can walk." (This fall when crashed my Yo Eddy and tore my MCL/LCL/ACL and meniscus...I should have insisted on a rescue squad to come and carry me out)

* and, something fun: What I did for entertainment *last* year while recovering from knee surgery...an old schwin, 700 lights, and lots of tape, a few zip ties, and viola! A holiday decoration! (How many of you remembered to pick up an old bike to do this to this year?)

Last edited by M_A_Martin; 12-12-2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:47 AM
The bass playing cyclist

* real name, if you like Joe
* where do you live? Northern California foothills....Nice combination of gentle rollers and nasty climbs
* explanation of your handle Nickname given to me by my (mostly) out of shape riding buddies who refuse to believe I can drop them so easily without the use of chemical aid.
* explanation of your avatar It has something to do with reaching an ultimate state of enlightenment
* age (general or specific) 41
* occupation Professional eBayr/Societal drop out. If I cant be a rock star, Im taking my ball and going home...
* favorite bike Constantly varies
* what's in your stable? Legend Ti, Trek OCLV, Vintage early 80s Olmo
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Forty something on a descent from El Dorado Hills
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Not nearly enough
* picture of yourself or your ride? I had one, but I emailed it to Vintage Velos for a free pair of socks. They never emailed it back
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Q: What, exactly, did Nicole Kidman do to prompt Tom Cruise to file for divorce? A: I dont know, but I swear it had nothing to do with me. I swear.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? See previous question
* and, something fun. Bass player, singer, song writer, engineer & producer with a Rock band for going on twenty-something years.

Last edited by EPOJoe; 12-12-2004 at 02:52 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:36 AM
equipoised

* where do you live? Cascade, MI (near Grand Rapids in Western MI).
* explanation of your handle: It means in balance or equilibrium.
* explanation of your avatar: I like the blurry pic.
* age (general or specific): 50.
* favorite bike: Ottrott ST.
* what's in your stable: Ottrott ST, Lemond Maillot Jaune, and a Bianchi Milano cruiser.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 47, downhill in the neighborhood (with a 35 mph speed limit - hoping for a speeding ticket to frame). 36 mph on the flats.
* how many miles on a road bike last year? About 2000.
* picture of your ride? Below. As to head tube height, so I'm tall.
* make up and answer at least one additional question: Dumbest thing ever done on a bike? When I was 5 years old, riding downhill, around a corner, no handed, holding 2 ice cream cones. Woke up in hospital, covered with a green sheet with a hole for my chin, while the doc was stitching said chin.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I can ride downhill, around a corner, no handed, while holding 2 ice cream cones! Watch this!"
Old 12-12-2004, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

* where do you live? Rhode Island on the Mass border
* explanation of your handle: Middle name
* explanation of your avatar: For those of us who have waited our whole lives and to see the Sox win the series
* age (general or specific): 38
* favorite bike: Co-Motion tandem
* what's in your stable: Legend ST, Co-Motion Tandem, Independent Fabrications Independence, IF Steel Crown Jewel, Trek 1400, Specialized Stump Jumper
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 54, North Eastern Conn., 2002
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 3,500
* picture of yourself or your ride? You can see it http://www.co-motion.com/brochure.html. My wife and I are on the cover of the 2005 Co-Motion catalog
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Best ride I've ever taken: Missoula Montana to Steamboat Springs CO. Down the rockies through Yellowstone. Get yourself a touring bike and hit the road for a few weeks, you will love it
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm too dumb to lie and get away with it.
* and, something fun: See picture above. My wife and I rode from our wedding on our tandem while the church organist played Daisy