Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2020, 07:11 PM

The Climb: new movie that has something to do with cycling

I was walking past Angelika Film Center today during lunch, and saw a poster for a movie called The Climb, to be released next month. I had not heard of it before.

Video of the cycling scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHW9ByMtfpI (caution: language NSFW).

A review: https://cine-vue.com/2019/05/cannes-...mb-review.html.

Quote:
Kyle (Kyle Marvin) and Mike (Michael Covino) are BFFs on holiday in France in the run-up to Kyle’s wedding to a French girl. Mike is actually going to be Kyle’s best man, but that’s all thrown into chaos when Mike confesses to having slept with Kyle’s wife-to-be. Shot in one long take, the exchange is hilarious and painful, life-changing and banal as Kyle tries to catch up with Mike who is cannily the better cyclist: “That’s why I waited for the hill to tell you”.

You’d think their friendship would be over. But life has a way of throwing in some hairpin bends along the way and though the relationship is always fraught with difficulties and mistrust, the two find themselves banding together as the years go by. Despite more betrayals and misguided attempts to interfere with each other’s lives, there is a resilience to their friendship that persists, fuelled by occasional drinking sessions and the fact that the two have grown up together and seem unable to ever fully separate...

Last edited by fiamme red; 02-25-2020 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:27 PM

I laughed out loud man running with bike