Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2019, 12:45 PM

Carbon Ti X hubs sp?

Any here own or have experience with this hub? Made in Italy, light, and Fairwheel speaks highly of it. However, they did also with the Tune mag 170 and now no longer sell it due do flange cracking.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:52 PM

I have a set; I generally use them as my summer wheels. Purchased from Fairwheel in summer '17 and have had no issues. The finish on my silver hubs is a little "plasticky"/hard to clean but that's only on close inspection--they look good from more than a foot or two away. I'd probably just get black the next time though.

Loud freehub noise in my experience, just fyi.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:30 AM

Thanks Seamus, I went ahead and purchased the hub (flat black) from Fairwheel. It's replacing a rear hub off a bontrager aeolus pro 3 wheelset that was a take off i got a good deal on. The rear hub that came on the aeolus did not spin smoothly, had drag and no way to adjust the preload on the bearings. Regarding the sound Fairwheel states they were able to significantly reduce the noise of the Carbon-Ti freehub using DT Swiss Star Ratchet Grease or greases such as Slick Honey.

Last edited by Tony; 04-26-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:14 PM

i just picked up a wheelset from PL member Muffin Man that were built around these hubs. I have only ridden about 70 miles, but so far so good. got that loud buzz if you're into that.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:30 PM

Great company and great subset. disco hubs are still lil behind cause they don't have center lock. however rim brake hubs are top notch. you will love them
Old 04-27-2019, 07:36 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Any here own or have experience with this hub? Made in Italy, light, and Fairwheel speaks highly of it. However, they did also with the Tune mag 170 and now no longer sell it due do flange cracking.
Just recently built 3 wheelsets using these..supplied by customer but they 'seem' really nice, way easy to dis-assemble.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Just recently built 3 wheelsets using these..supplied by customer but they 'seem' really nice, way easy to dis-assemble.
That's good new!
Old 04-27-2019, 09:48 AM
PegoNagos

I have a set of these hubs that FWB built to a set of FSE35 carbon clinchers. I have had then for a couple of years and for most of that time they have been my daily wheels. Absolutely no complaints at all. Great wheels / hubs.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:00 PM

To echo everyone else's comments, I use these hubs on the road and gravel disc and they've been great - no issues. Have a buddy who weighs 200 lbs who uses them exclusively without issue. Freewheel is indeed LOUD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreParagon View Post
Great company and great subset. disco hubs are still lil behind cause they don't have center lock. however rim brake hubs are top notch. you will love them
They've got centerlock hubs available now (24h only so far).

88g Front, 181g Rear