Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2017, 02:34 PM
Administrator

This guy does some in-depth reviews and here is one on "a" Lezyne GPS, not sure if this is the one you are looking at...
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/09/...-computer.html
Old 03-21-2017, 07:25 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
the pumps are really subpar though, expensive and look nice but they are just not very good (unless the higher end models are but the $60 are not as nice as say a joe blow.

I've never had an issue with mine. But I also maintain them. They do need that sadly given they have an o-ring and not the gasket like a Silca. I did modify one to take a gasket tho. Works great.

In comparison to a Joe Blow, I've never had good luck with the Joe Blow. I got one back when they first came out to use as a shop pump and it always had issues. Whether the head or rubber gasket in the head or the gauge. It was always something.

I think the problem with most pumps is lack of maintenance. I used to travel the US for Lezyne and i'd visit dealers and they'd do ZERO maintenance to them. Many were still going strong. Some, I worked on for 5 minutes and they were like brand new.

It doesn't take much for maintenance. Let me know if you need anything for them. I am tons of spare parts and can help out as well as give advice on them.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:02 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
I've never had an issue with mine. But I also maintain them. They do need that sadly given they have an o-ring and not the gasket like a Silca. I did modify one to take a gasket tho. Works great.

In comparison to a Joe Blow, I've never had good luck with the Joe Blow. I got one back when they first came out to use as a shop pump and it always had issues. Whether the head or rubber gasket in the head or the gauge. It was always something.

I think the problem with most pumps is lack of maintenance. I used to travel the US for Lezyne and i'd visit dealers and they'd do ZERO maintenance to them. Many were still going strong. Some, I worked on for 5 minutes and they were like brand new.

It doesn't take much for maintenance. Let me know if you need anything for them. I am tons of spare parts and can help out as well as give advice on them.
I appreciate that sales guy. Mine is working great now but I do have a hirame chuck on it. It makes the pump good but the chuck that came with it was aweful imo (this is an older model, I know the new ones come with a much better chuck).
Old 03-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I appreciate that sales guy. Mine is working great now but I do have a hirame chuck on it. It makes the pump good but the chuck that came with it was aweful imo (this is an older model, I know the new ones come with a much better chuck).
There are now 3 versions of the chuck they use. The first was silver and threaded on. People complained that they had their removable valve cores come out. I never had that issue but people mentioned it. They switched to one that was gold for road and red for mountain and had the ABS pressure release button. It was designed to stop the valve core issue. It works well. I love it. Never had an issue with it. And they have a new Hiro style head. We were working on it when I was there. I used to get calls about it all the time so with my prodding we put it into production. They also have a silver alloy L-Bend and a black plastic L-Bend for disc and ti-spoke wheels.

I have all the parts in case people need stuff.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fat man View Post
I have an Elemnt. It's much more user friendly than the 800 it replaced, but mapping on the 800 was much better. Elemnt can't zoom out much, no street names, and can't re-position the map to see where that mysterious road might take you. If you want to explore unknown roads or trails, I'd pick a Garmin. If you want convenient and easy setup and integration with visual display for workouts, the Wahoo is a good option.
Yeah, that's the reason I'm considering the 820. I carry an old flip phone when I ride, so no smartphone mapping options.
For the past few years I've used a Garmin eTrex 20 attached to the top-tube, which works quite well, but I was looking into something smaller.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
There are now 3 versions of the chuck they use. The first was silver and threaded on. People complained that they had their removable valve cores come out. I never had that issue but people mentioned it.
I had that happen once with my Lezyne Road Drive.
Only once, because since then, I just put a small drop of loctite and tighten down the core when I buy new tubes.