Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJoyce View Post
How does Luck sizing work? I plugged my measurements in and got Left 42.5 and Right 43. I'm wearing 44.5 Sidi Shot right now. And, what model are those?
I think they are Genius. sizing works the way you did it, maybe do 3 or 4 measures and average? or have another person measure your feet so you dont have to bend over and change your position when measuring. When i did my measures i got 44. i sized up a half size because i dont like tight shoes, but the 44 would have been just fine i think. I wear 44 in asics, and most other shoes.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:58 AM

Have a few rides on these indoors and out now. the soles are way comfy. i dont feel the cleat interface at all. they are also quite stiff. so far all is good with these shoes, and man, they make me feel fast.
[IMG]poweredbywolf by Matt.zilliox, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 02-01-2019, 01:11 PM

What material are the Luck uppers made from? Do they feel like they conform or mold to your feet? And what about the closure mechanisms - do they adjust both ways (loosen and tighten)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:30 PM

Long term reviews from anyone who’s posted on this thread?
Old 06-21-2019, 05:24 PM

Well I've had my custom Galaxy MTB shoes for a month now.
I'm happy with them. Alejandro was the person working with me, my measurements and my design.
As a reference for off the shelf, I have a pair of Lake CX330 wide, size 43.5 which fit OK.
I've tried Sidi Mega 43.5 and Northwave 43.5 which were close but just didn't work.
Upper material seems to be a synthetic leather and very high quality. So far holding up quite well.
Sole is extremely stiff. As stiff if not more than my custom D2 road shoes. It is a bit thicker than my D2 soles however.
ATop dials work well. Tighten just like Boa but you turn in the opposite direction to loosen - ie do not pull up. They loosen a bit with a about 1/8 turn backwards and loosen completely with about a 1/3 turn backwards.
Rubber toe area protection is nice to have.

As for sizing, they seem to run a half size large.
Alejandro had me pegged as a 42.5 or 43. Said I could probably do with regular wide but I could do "special wide" if I wanted.
Since I am paranoid about tight fitting shoes, I went with 43 and special wide. I think I could have lived with 42.5 and regular wide.
The upper volume was a bit more than what my feet need so I added a Dr Scholls odor eater and replaced the insoles with my Birkenstock ones. The insoles they came with were also good quality but I like more arch support. The custom shoes do have the option to be made with a lower volume upper. I'm a bit surprised I was sized as regular for this measurement.

I would get another pair when my D2s wear out. I'd prob go for 42.5, regular wide and one size down on the upper.

Seems like they can apply almost any type of graphic so I slapped on my logo. They will do up one proof file. If you want more modifications then they ask for payment first which is fair IMO.

For $400 CAD, they are a bargain for custom shoes. I got sick of searching and trying off the shelf stuff that didn't work in the end.

This is how they turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomridesout View Post
Long term reviews from anyone who’s posted on this thread?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Luck Galaxy.jpg (47.7 KB, 300 views)
Old 06-21-2019, 05:55 PM

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2019, 03:58 PM

My mate was the German importer a couple of years back when they made a comeback after being known in the past as John Luck. He gave me a pair to ride and I found them fantastic....... I’ve ridden Sidi for 38 years and love them still but the Lucks are a fave holiday shoe at our holiday home down to the great airflow and lightness.
My rider ex MTB World Champion Jose Hermida is now also sponsored by them after years of riding Northwave and he loves them especially the custom colors.....he won the masters Cape Epic this year with a pair of leopard design.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:52 PM

Do they have a website? https://luck-bike.es/en/ doesnt work, at least from my browser. I know they are on FB but I avoid that like the plague.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:06 PM

The site crashed the day I started seriously considering buying a pair a few days ago. Gonna see what’s up on Monday.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:29 PM

Hmmm..., weekend server maintenance?
The process is pretty straightforward when you get going. Do an outline of your feet, take a few measurements with a tape measure.
If you have a trusted friend or family member that can do a proper outline then you're good.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloo View Post
Hmmm..., weekend server maintenance?
The process is pretty straightforward when you get going. Do an outline of your feet, take a few measurements with a tape measure.
If you have a trusted friend or family member that can do a proper outline then you're good.
im glad it worked out for you. ive come to like the roominess in the toe box.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:40 PM

Appreciate the feedback you guys provided when I was going through the process.

The site is back up and running now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
im glad it worked out for you. ive come to like the roominess in the toe box.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:19 AM

I just placed an order from them on the basis of this thread. I'll check back in when they arrive.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:54 PM

Still loving my Luck shoes!! Haven't worn any other cycling shoe since I got them...they are perfect and feel great after almost a year and a half. I put in Sole insoles at the beginning of the month and they work well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2019, 02:14 PM

Edited - I can't read.