Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2022, 08:48 PM

OT: Any Fujifilm X T2 owners out there?

I have been looking another camera to to accompany my X100F. Im am now pretty familiar with the FF menu and love my fixed lens X100F.
I found a few FF X-T2 with shot counts around 600 to 1000 so basically pretty new for a 5 year old body.
I like them due to being made in Japan like my X100F.
What are your likes and dislike of this model? Very little video will be shot so mostly stills,landscape and street shooting.
The other option I was thinking about is the newer X E3 but really liking the XT2 controls and format.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:56 PM

Been shooting an X-T10 for about 6 year now and it’s still going strong. It’s pretty similar to the X-T1 and I can say it’s a pleasure to shoot with. Love the physical controls and the image quality is lovely. Oh and Fuji glass is oh so nice. My only complaint is it’s not pocketable, but that doesn’t seem to be an issue for you.

I’d look at the X-T20/X-T30 as well. They have 95% of the functionality of the bigger siblings, with very similar controls, but are significantly smaller and lighter, which is a big plus especially for street shooting.

If you get a good price on a used one, get it and resell it if you don’t like it.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:42 PM
slower than you

I have an XT20, as said, a smaller version of the XT2, which is fine by me. I've been pretty happy, it's been pretty durable, no issues after, what, almost five years of a lot of exposures? Fuji lenses are great, especially the 18-55 2.8-4 "kit" lens, which is just a gem of an everyday lens. Fits my hand nicely when doing long walks in Euro cities or hiking.

I am waiting for the next generation higher rez small sensor, please, please.

I dont shoot video at all.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:24 AM

I've had an X-T2 for four years or so and still really dig it, fully recommend. True that the other options mentioned are smaller, but you already have the best compact Fuji option in the X100 so I'd take the camera with full physical controls--it's still a very reasonable size. Weather sealing with the right lens is nice, image quality is fantastic, and as you probably know already the handling of Fuji cameras is excellent.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:36 AM
Strong Walker

i got an XT-2 and i absolutely love the handling and the image quality. if i had to find a flaw, wel i dont like the app that comes with it very much but that is about it. Lenses are brilliant too, they have an almost Leica feel to them. Also, Tamron have their 18-300 for X mount out now which is a good option for a one-lens-fits-alll setup.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:13 AM

Another Fuji fan chiming in, I'd say go for it. I have an XT-1 and and X100f and with a couple lenses for the XT, you'll have your bases covered. Seems like the XT-2 is in that sweet spot in waning demand where prices have come down a bit as people upgrade to 3's or 4's.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:00 AM

I shoot the Fuji X and GFX professionally.

The XT2 is a very capable camera. The jump to the XT3 is huge. It’s simply on another lever with focus speed.

I am actually selling both a 2 and 3 as I’m using the XT4’s now
Old 01-26-2022, 10:08 AM

A low mileage X-T2 at a good price should serve you fine. If you like the X100 form factor the X-Pro2 might interest you, but they tend to go for higher prices.

I shot with pairs of the X-T1, X-T2, X-T3 and the X-H1s before stopping my professional work at 70. The newer models added better AF, better video, image stabilization, etc., all features to make shooting easier but not necessarily better image quality. Hope you get a good price on the X-T2!
Old 01-26-2022, 01:33 PM

I just picked up a x-t20 body for $385 from ebay barely used. Love it so far.

I thought about the t2 but wanted a slightly smaller form factor, though probably not a concern is you already have an x100.

These one generation old bodies are a steal. Can't go wrong IMO
Old 01-26-2022, 06:33 PM

If you can swing the X-T3 or 4 it would be money well spent, IMO.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsew View Post
I just picked up a x-t20 body for $385 from ebay barely used. Love it so far.

I thought about the t2 but wanted a slightly smaller form factor, though probably not a concern is you already have an x100.

These one generation old bodies are a steal. Can't go wrong IMO
That's a decent price. The decent glass will be that much and then some. You doing prime or tele lenses?
I'm going to get a few primes and a tele prior to the body. That way I can use it once I get it in my hands.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiezo View Post
That's a decent price. The decent glass will be that much and then some. You doing prime or tele lenses?
I'm going to get a few primes and a tele prior to the body. That way I can use it once I get it in my hands.
The main reason I upgraded from my old dslr was to have a better travel camera. For that I picked up a 27mm pancake prime.

To fill it out my bag for now, I grabbed an xc 16-50 kit lens and now looking for a good deal on a longer tele. Ultimately, I might swap out that 16-50 for something better, but the cost/weight/size was right for the kit I'm putting together. I want to make sure I'm using it enough to justify investing in a bunch of lenses.

Super happy with everything so far.

In regards to the autofucus upgrades from the T2 gen to the T3/T4, coming from a 10 year old dslr, my mind is blown. I don't think I need anything better in that regard.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:20 PM
Imshi Cycles

I've been shooting Fuji X for a decade now and GFX for the past 4 years...they have come a LONG way.

Im sure 2's are a dime a dozen these days but I would still 100% say look for an xt3. It's a SIGNIFICANT step up from a 2.

The 4 is nice if IBIS is useful for what you shoot, otherwise a 3 is all you will ever need.

Also, do not underestimate the 18-55 kit lens, it is very capable in good light.

Last edited by eBAUMANN; 02-02-2022 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBAUMANN View Post
I've been shooting Fuji X for a decade now and GFX for the past 4 years...they have come a LONG way.
The GFX is really tempting me these days as most of what I shoot is landscape stuff.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:43 PM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
The GFX is really tempting me these days as most of what I shoot is landscape stuff.
Absolutely worth it, especially the secondhand market for 50r/s these days. So many bargains out there. You can adapt almost any lens to them or just grab a 32-64 and call it a day. That is easily one of the best zoom lenses EVER made.