Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2016, 04:33 PM

how are you guys getting this code? I just got one for their city collection only
Old 04-19-2016, 05:38 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by druptight View Post
Any ride report on the rapha core bibs, particularly by someone who has ridden the classics?

Got a coupon and thinking about stocking up a bit, but want to know what the difference is between the two. I've read same chamois, but what about the lycra? Similar? Fit? Stitching?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any real world experience.
*Subject to availability. Offer applies to men's and women's bib shorts and tights. Maximum of three uses per customer. Excludes Men’s Core Bib Shorts and Women’s Core Bib Shorts. Offer ends at 23:59 BST, Tuesday 26th April 2016.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:15 PM
DELETE ACCNT

I would encourage you guys to check out Core stuff in person before you buy.
There is a SoCal popup Rapha over in Venice. I have to get over there.

My friends initial impressions are not that great on the Core stuff.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:51 PM

I went to the Venice popup to try on the core stuff.. The jersey is good for the price point, and comparable to other brands. The only thing I didn't like, was the immediate bunching up in the gut area. Even the Rapha club kit jersey is tight in the gut area, but the core has a little bit of "Beer freedom" in that area. One thing I hate about riding, is a jersey that's bunched up in the gut. The main reason I go with race fit jerseys..

I also ordered the Rapha Pro Team Aero jersey. Jesus that jersey sucked. I sent it back for a refund. The sleeves are non stretchable and my arms couldn't get in the jersey. I felt like I was going to rip the entire jersey apart.. The Pro Team Aero runs stupid small. I wear a M and would need an XL for it fit comfortably. Also the sleeve goes down to almost your elbow.. Talk about a really deep tan line... I thought Endo stuff had the longest sleeve, but the new Rapha Pro Team Aero takes the cake.

I'll just stick to the classic jersey and that's about it. I was into the Super lightweight stuff, but the fade stuff isn't too appealing and I recently noticed the jersey pockets sag like crazy. I'm running tubulars, so I only carry Stan's, Hand pump, Tire levers and my Rapha wallet thingy. I can feel the jersey sagging back there. Bummer.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denapista View Post
I went to the Venice popup to try on the core stuff.. The jersey is good for the price point, and comparable to other brands. The only thing I didn't like, was the immediate bunching up in the gut area. Even the Rapha club kit jersey is tight in the gut area, but the core has a little bit of "Beer freedom" in that area. One thing I hate about riding, is a jersey that's bunched up in the gut. The main reason I go with race fit jerseys..

I also ordered the Rapha Pro Team Aero jersey. Jesus that jersey sucked. I sent it back for a refund. The sleeves are non stretchable and my arms couldn't get in the jersey. I felt like I was going to rip the entire jersey apart.. The Pro Team Aero runs stupid small. I wear a M and would need an XL for it fit comfortably. Also the sleeve goes down to almost your elbow.. Talk about a really deep tan line... I thought Endo stuff had the longest sleeve, but the new Rapha Pro Team Aero takes the cake.

I'll just stick to the classic jersey and that's about it. I was into the Super lightweight stuff, but the fade stuff isn't too appealing and I recently noticed the jersey pockets sag like crazy. I'm running tubulars, so I only carry Stan's, Hand pump, Tire levers and my Rapha wallet thingy. I can feel the jersey sagging back there. Bummer.
Or... less bicep curls, bro.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denapista View Post

Funny because my Rapha aero pro jersey is hands down my favorite. Medium is perfect and I'm more Cancellara than Quintana. From what I've seen, the Core jerseys are club fit. No thanks.

Can anyone comment on how the bibs fit? My go-to's are pro lightweights size medium.

Tags
clothing, rapha