Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo_fighter View Post
I went with this setup on 2 bikes and it worked great. I'm not sure if you can still get a Ti based kit from Ritchey or if the builder will fab his own parts. (Like Holland)
You don't need hydro couplers, just unbolt the calipers. Also get centerlock wheels and discs.
Awesome, that's good to hear. I think I'm likely going to go this route. Regarding removing the calipers, I'm assuming that only really works if the cables/hoses are external? If they are routed internal through part of the frame, then I figured a quick disconnect option would be my only route. If I'm missing something let me know -- the No. 22 Brake Break seems like a solution to this but it is not cheap!

~~~

And regarding some of the other suggestions recommending against adding couplers on a nice bike and instead just buying a dedicated travel bike that can withstand the inevitable abuse, I totally get that. With this bike, however, my intent is for it to fill the role of my current commuter/all-road/gravel bike while also being a go-to bike to take with me on the occasional vacation. So, I fully anticipate that the bike will receive its fair share of scuffs, scratches, etc. over the years, and I'm fine with that. If anything it'll mean the bike is being used as it should!