Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2020, 08:21 PM
commuter racer

Wahoo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg air.jpg (61.9 KB, 103 views)
Old 09-18-2020, 08:30 PM

How much rain?

How much rain did you guys get in the PDX area? we didn't get too much in Bend. Although west of looks to have gotten more - and that's where the fires are.

Still the incident commanders say it was not a "extinguish" type of event but it had to help. definitely helped the air quality for now

Wife and I jumped outside for a walk but man I wanted even just a 30 minute ride. ( still recovering form heart surgery)
Old 09-18-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinomaster View Post
Wahoo!

Tears of joy, tears of sorrow.

This day. This week. This year.

Humanity.

Last edited by Clean39T; 09-18-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:21 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

South of Oregon City got quite a downpour. Lost elec, gutters waterfalling over. Note to self; clean gutter before it rains...

I thought the noise was wind and rain, but zip wind, all the racket was deluge. I clean the gutters today, a lot of my asphalt gravel got beaten off the shingles and into the gutters. And the seaweed that formed stuck at the down spouts..

Got a sky pic before dinner of some actual blue, had windows opened for a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldar77 View Post
How much rain did you guys get in the PDX area? we didn't get too much in Bend. Although west of looks to have gotten more - and that's where the fires are.

Still the incident commanders say it was not a "extinguish" type of event but it had to help. definitely helped the air quality for now

Wife and I jumped outside for a walk but man I wanted even just a 30 minute ride. ( still recovering form heart surgery)
Old 09-18-2020, 10:28 PM
commuter racer

I woke up at around 3 am to a wonderful thunderstorm. It rained quite a bit, and when I got off work today at 6 my manager sent me that link which I posted above, and i couldn't believe it quite honestly. I walked out my back door and the air smelled fresh! Much better than in my house. I walked my dog and there were finally lots of people out and about and you could feel a collective joy, especially with a blue sky above. I worry about the hummingbirds in my yard and all the animals. This week of smoke has taken a toll. I can feel it in my lungs.

Last edited by shinomaster; 09-18-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinomaster View Post
I woke up at around 3 am to a wonder thunderstorm. It rained quite a bit, and when I got off work today at 6 my manager sent me that link which I posted above, and i couldn't believe it quite honestly. I walked out my back door and the air smelled fresh! Much better than in my house. I walked my dog and there were finally lots of people out and about and you could feel a collective joy, especially with a blue sky above. I worry about the hummingbirds in my yard and all the animals. This week of smoke has taken a toll. I can feel it in my lungs.
That lightning last night was crazy. I'm not sure I've ever felt so close to it as we were last night.

Somebody captured this from my building - I think showing them hitting the radio towers up on Skyline Drive:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lit.jpg (11.7 KB, 82 views)
Old 09-18-2020, 10:51 PM

Great down here in Eugene. Took the dog for her walk and got hammered by rain. But no complaints. Smells good!
Old 09-18-2020, 11:04 PM

Eugene got rain in three impressive bursts, all accompanied by the thunder and lightning.

The Eugene airport recorded about 0.8" between midnight and 2 AM, about another 0.4" around the Noon hour, and another ~0.7" between 4-5 PM. Not bad, almost two inches, when we haven't had any precip in the previous 30 days . . . and there's still three hours left in the day!

Last edited by ORMojo; 09-18-2020 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-19-2020, 02:51 PM

AQI in the Portland suburbs = 18! And the sun is out. I hope the rain helped the control of the fires.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:55 PM

Thanking God for the rain and the hero firefighters! Hang in there guys!!!
Old 09-19-2020, 04:02 PM

Yoy guys need some good news, I'm happy for you.
Good luck!
Old 09-19-2020, 04:46 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Great shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
That lightning last night was crazy. I'm not sure I've ever felt so close to it as we were last night.

Somebody captured this from my building - I think showing them hitting the radio towers up on Skyline Drive: