Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-2020, 06:32 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
The Pats almost certainly would have beat Seattle if James White was in the backfield and the last play had been called appropriately. The Pats are in the playoffs if not the Super Bowl. KC is not unbeatable.
He wasn't....they didn't.....just saying.

I think Cam got it right when he said they went to the well too often...

PS -
If Wilson doesn't throw a pick six on the first play....

If.....ad nauseum.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:02 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post
So far, so good.

The Raiders game this weekend will be a good picture of what kind of potential this new version of the Patriots really has.

BK

More Tuck Rule replays before the game starts...great.

The Raiders played better than the Saints did when the Saints beat Pats. so good test both sides of the ball.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
The Pats almost certainly would have beat Seattle if James White was in the backfield and the last play had been called appropriately. The Pats are in the playoffs if not the Super Bowl. KC is not unbeatable.
Wish I had your confidence! That was a good game and great comfort to a Pats fan, but let's face it, if the Hawks' fans were there, and if Seattle had been more disciplined with respect to penalties, it would not have gone well for the Patriots.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:46 AM

My hopes are that Harris becomes the established running back. They won’t get far handing the ball of to Michel.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie View Post
My hopes are that Harris becomes the established running back. They won’t get far handing the ball of to Michel.
Belichik will use everyone. White is the best receiver out of the backfield and spreads a defense. He will be a huge threat given that Cam can run the ball and will need to be covered. He will also free the receivers up. Michel, Harris and Birkhead all will see touches. It is not the Belichick way to rely on a single back.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Belichik will use everyone. White is the best receiver out of the backfield and spreads a defense. He will be a huge threat given that Cam can run the ball and will need to be covered. He will also free the receivers up. Michel, Harris and Birkhead all will see touches. It is not the Belichick way to rely on a single back.
Seems like the Pats have historically under-utilized White, even though good things usually happen when he has the ball.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:31 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie View Post
I took a quick look at this and thought "I don't remember posting that..."

Then I looked more closely.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:04 PM

Patriots are done

Cam is out with COVID-19 and the KC game has been postponed. My guess is that the NFL season is going to have to wind down early. https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/us/ca...ots/index.html
Old 10-03-2020, 07:05 PM

It's a shame as I thought Cam was progressing very well from the last two years. Team was looking good at this point, I was looking for the matchup with KC.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Cam is out with COVID-19 and the KC game has been postponed. My guess is that the NFL season is going to have to wind down early. https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/us/ca...ots/index.html
Unless they change directions and bubble-ize the league, this will continue & games will be pushed around. It can only happen so often before you run out of available backup dates. Right now, if it played out "as scheduled", the Chiefs would play 3 games in 9 days. Tuesday, Sunday, Thursday. That can't be. Not in football. Any other sport, sure. Not football. If nothing else, they need to move that Thursday game back to Sunday, where it belongs, anyway.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:10 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
Unless they change directions and bubble-ize the league, this will continue & games will be pushed around. It can only happen so often before you run out of available backup dates. Right now, if it played out "as scheduled", the Chiefs would play 3 games in 9 days. Tuesday, Sunday, Thursday. That can't be. Not in football. Any other sport, sure. Not football. If nothing else, they need to move that Thursday game back to Sunday, where it belongs, anyway.
Or just call it all ‘pre season’ and try again next spring/fall. Pick one field, bubble-Ize all the teams...like all day long scrimmages? That’s no gonna happen.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Or just call it all ‘pre season’ and try again next spring/fall. Pick one field, bubble-Ize all the teams...like all day long scrimmages? That’s no gonna happen.
I haven't watched a minute of the NBA, so I don't know what their bubble entails, but it seems to have worked. It's hard to imagine isolating the entire NFL until Feb, but shorten the season (drop interconference play would be my choice, but too late for that. Likely just cut the last 2-4 weeks at this point. Possible to re-work the schedule going forward to keep division games), central location with two or three fields in the area, play games over 3 days a weekend,... it could work. They could also just send the Jets, DC, Bengals, Broncos home because, really, what's the point?
Old 12-24-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bironi View Post
What goes around.............

Go Bills!
Are we sure that's the right link? Or am I missing something?

Last edited by William; 12-25-2020 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-25-2020, 02:47 AM
Byron

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
Are we sure that's the right link? Or am I missing something?
Just talking about the Patriots demise.
Am I posting in the improper spot?
It's a done deal.
This post does go back 5 years.
Maybe I got off track, or perhaps you.

Last edited by bironi; 12-25-2020 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-25-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bironi View Post
Just talking about the Patriots demise.
Am I posting in the improper spot?
It's a done deal.
This post does go back 5 years.
Maybe I got off track, or perhaps you.
Well, the link you posted had nothing to do with that. The Bills taking the division is definitely on point, though.