Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-2020, 08:01 PM
50 bpm

Talk about irrational ... what I could/would do with this!

Old 09-03-2020, 10:57 PM
formerly Landshark_98

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunder View Post
Hey everyone, I figure this would be a good place to ask this question.

I just purchased a brand new Dogma F10 Disk frameset from Excel at a terrific price . Should be here in a few days. I'm looking to purchase a new wheelset as well. I've narrowed it down to several choices but they all seem to have an external rim width of 28mm (21-23mm internal). From what I've read, the F10 Disk is rated for 25mm tires at the most. Will a 28mm wide wheel be okay or will it be too wide? Looking at pictures of the front fork and rear stay, it looks like wheel width shouldn't be a problem. I plan to use 25mm tires as recommended.

What do you guys think?
In case you haven't discovered the answer yourself, Zipp 302s(about 26mm wide) with Vittoria Corsa 28s fit fine.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:42 AM
Deconditioned!

I have Bora WTOs with RH 28s. Fits my F8 just fine.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:10 AM

Pinarello Dogma F10

Absolutely love the pink version!!
Old 10-03-2020, 07:02 AM

Irrational desire to ride a Pinarello Dogma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
I can confirm on my K10-S that it’s torx

Are you sure you’re right? I bought some new ones from pinarello via a dealer because mine were stripped. I used a wiha torx 10 and it stripped out them too. I can’t see for **** up close. My wife said they look round or the not so bad one had 6 sides.

So I googled and found two sites with the description “hex”.
https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp...jor=11&minor=8

I purchase some more stainless hex that I Hope are the right size. M6x1.0 x 15mm

In short. My second ones weren’t torx. Maybe my first ones were from the factory. I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Greatestalltime; 10-04-2020 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:30 AM

My K8-S came with hex bolts. Had one that was close to stripping so I pulled them to try and find a match.
Old 10-03-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefantino View Post
Talk about irrational ... what I could/would do with this!

Ooooh... they know how to seduce.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJMUNC View Post
My K8-S came with hex bolts. Had one that was close to stripping so I pulled them to try and find a match.

Is M6x1.0 x 15mm the measurements you got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2020, 07:03 PM
50 bpm

Why in the world would I want this? I've talked to the buyer. We're video conferencing tomorrow.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:49 AM

Okay, so I tried a 59.5 F10 Disk, 59.5 F10 Rim, 57.5 F8 Rim, and 59.5 K8-S......so of course I still had an itch for a 59.5 F8 Rim, which the Lionel of France says is the juiciest jam..

This one I almost bought myself in the first instance but instead PSA'd over to Lavi back this past summer. It's minty fresh, under 1K mi I suppose. And now it's in my garage - Lavi got that Aethos and wanted to trim things down....and I couldn't say no the second time.

We're having what feels like unseasonably warm temps in Bend for a few days and I was able to get out for a quick 30+ mi romp on it yesterday over my usual loop.

It is everything I remembered the 57.5 F8 to be, just a bit more stable feeling in the larger size for me with my 6'3" self draped over it. Handling is great, jumps when you jump, etc.

But it is really not a great bike for Bend - not for daily-driver duty anyway. A full steel bike like my Sachs with 28mm tires is simply more enjoyable to ride over frost-heaved roads and chunky chipseal - the 4-5% extra speed in some circumstances brought by the improved aerodynamics of the frame and wheels is easily given back in easing up on the pedals over the rougher stuff and/or picking lines more carefully. And that is running 25s on wide rims at moderate pressures. It is a bike I would enjoy riding more back in Portland where there are more swoopy and twisty roads, with some better pavement, and sharp fast climbs that really take advantage of the superbike attributes. For simple enjoyment, I'd choose my Sachs 9 times out 10 for riding where I am now - and when I throw the carbon hoops on the Sachs, I doubt I'll be giving up anything meaningful in terms of speed on the roads I'm riding here.

I still intend to keep it though for special occasion rides and trainer time over the winter. There are some roads and loops here that it will be fun to ride this on, including the climbs on the hill I live on - when doing repeats and 60-min hammerfests. At least that's what I'm thinking so far. It does need Campy though, and some other adjustments. I'm bummed I can't put an SMP on it due to the saddle clamping mechanism, so I need to keep exploring saddle options too.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (151.1 KB, 1241 views)
Old 12-09-2020, 12:20 PM
formerly Landshark_98

Looks great Dan! Selfishly hoping it sticks around long enough for post vaccine SPring riding in Bend so I can throw a leg over it; maybe do some back to back comparisions with the f10 disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Okay, so I tried a 59.5 F10 Disk, 59.5 F10 Rim, 57.5 F8 Rim, and 59.5 K8-S......so of course I still had an itch for a 59.5 F8 Rim, which the Lionel of France says is the juiciest jam..

This one I almost bought myself in the first instance but instead PSA'd over to Lavi back this past summer. It's minty fresh, under 1K mi I suppose. And now it's in my garage - Lavi got that Aethos and wanted to trim things down....and I couldn't say no the second time.

We're having what feels like unseasonably warm temps in Bend for a few days and I was able to get out for a quick 30+ mi romp on it yesterday over my usual loop.

It is everything I remembered the 57.5 F8 to be, just a bit more stable feeling in the larger size for me with my 6'3" self draped over it. Handling is great, jumps when you jump, etc.

But it is really not a great bike for Bend - not for daily-driver duty anyway. A full steel bike like my Sachs with 28mm tires is simply more enjoyable to ride over frost-heaved roads and chunky chipseal - the 4-5% extra speed in some circumstances brought by the improved aerodynamics of the frame and wheels is easily given back in easing up on the pedals over the rougher stuff and/or picking lines more carefully. And that is running 25s on wide rims at moderate pressures. It is a bike I would enjoy riding more back in Portland where there are more swoopy and twisty roads, with some better pavement, and sharp fast climbs that really take advantage of the superbike attributes. For simple enjoyment, I'd choose my Sachs 9 times out 10 for riding where I am now - and when I throw the carbon hoops on the Sachs, I doubt I'll be giving up anything meaningful in terms of speed on the roads I'm riding here.

I still intend to keep it though for special occasion rides and trainer time over the winter. There are some roads and loops here that it will be fun to ride this on, including the climbs on the hill I live on - when doing repeats and 60-min hammerfests. At least that's what I'm thinking so far. It does need Campy though, and some other adjustments. I'm bummed I can't put an SMP on it due to the saddle clamping mechanism, so I need to keep exploring saddle options too.

Old 12-09-2020, 12:37 PM

I know its not a dogma, but Merlin has Gan disc frames on for good price right now, about 1200 US I think. Though the largest size left is '53':

https://www.merlincycles.com/pinarel...et-177711.html
Old 12-09-2020, 12:39 PM
PegoNagos

Definitely a keeper for those special days!
Old 12-09-2020, 01:12 PM

2:13, Restate my assumptions: 1. Mathematics is the language of nature. 2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers. 3. If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature. Evidence: The cycling of disease epidemics; the wax and wane of caribou populations; sun spot cycles; the rise and fall of the Nile; Clean39T buying a Pinarello.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown Reek View Post
2:13, Restate my assumptions: 1. Mathematics is the language of nature. 2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers. 3. If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are patterns everywhere in nature. Evidence: The cycling of disease epidemics; the wax and wane of caribou populations; sun spot cycles; the rise and fall of the Nile; Clean39T buying a Pinarello.
Survival of the fittest Max.

Last edited by Clean39T; 12-09-2020 at 01:16 PM.