Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271  
Old 02-23-2019, 10:19 AM
Morgul Bismark Morgul Bismark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
And Morgul - I'm excited to see how yours comes together - I imagine it won't be too long now?
My frame is with JB at the moment. I'm hoping it makes it to the front of the queue by mid March. Which is good because it's given me time to finally decide on a color scheme.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 05-01-2019, 01:00 AM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,123
I'll leave this here too:



I pulled it out of hibernation yesterday and got everything set just so - and the ride today was lovely. I just can't say enough good things about this bike. It could be my N=1 on the road - if I believed in such silly things. I have a pair of tubulars to try out on here - and with 30mm Schwalbes it should be an interesting ride more in the MRB side of things than ooching toward JKS territory. As it stands, the build has landed as pretty much everything I love - function first, but still beautiful as can be.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 05-01-2019, 04:46 AM
Hilltopperny's Avatar
Hilltopperny Hilltopperny is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lassellsville NY
Posts: 4,651
Beautiful and classy! Can't go wrong with a nice Berthoud saddle and 5 arm campy 11!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 05-01-2019, 07:43 AM
Morgul Bismark Morgul Bismark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 156
Every time I look at this build I love it more
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 05-01-2019, 09:16 AM
joep2517 joep2517 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I'll leave this here too:


Beautiful bike. Love the color, subtle and very classy. Well done sir!

That picture - Dave should use it on his website. It stopped me in my tracks. [Drool on my keyboard.]
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 05-01-2019, 10:47 AM
Cantdog Cantdog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
Gorgeous bike and gorgeous photo! There is a conference in Portland this week I really wish i could have gone to so I coulda ridden out there.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 05-01-2019, 02:56 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantdog View Post
Gorgeous bike and gorgeous photo! There is a conference in Portland this week I really wish i could have gone to so I coulda ridden out there.
You're welcome any time - I love showing folks around the city, or sending guide info if the timing doesn't align to get together for a ride...
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 05-02-2019, 11:10 AM
pdonk pdonk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 416
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
You're welcome any time - I love showing folks around the city, or sending guide info if the timing doesn't align to get together for a ride...
Yes, Clean39T is a great ride guide and knows the inside line on all the best places for ice cream.

We did a nice 30 k ride together through the mean streets, parks and bike lanes of PDX.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 05-02-2019, 11:16 AM
DRZRM's Avatar
DRZRM DRZRM is offline
'97 Ti Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,342
What a thing of beauty! That bike is the business! Sorry if I missed it above, what seat is that? Everything about this build looks right, took a lot to get there but looks like you found the right bike. That said, let me know when you are going to sell it.
__________________
Friends don't let friends ride junk!
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 05-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by joep2517 View Post
Beautiful bike. Love the color, subtle and very classy. Well done sir!

That picture - Dave should use it on his website. It stopped me in my tracks. [Drool on my keyboard.]
Thanks! Dave is always welcome to use any of my pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZRM View Post
What a thing of beauty! That bike is the business! Sorry if I missed it above, what seat is that? Everything about this build looks right, took a lot to get there but looks like you found the right bike. That said, let me know when you are going to sell it.
It's a Gilles Berthoud Aspin - loving it, but still waiting for it to break in a bit and not be quite so slippery..

This is definitely the "right bike" for 80% of my riding - it's chasing perfection in the other 20% (groad, carrying stuff, nostalgia, and fast n' furious rides) that still has me experimenting a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 05-02-2019, 01:14 PM
hollowgram5 hollowgram5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Thanks! Dave is always welcome to use any of my pics...



It's a Gilles Berthoud Aspin - loving it, but still waiting for it to break in a bit and not be quite so slippery..

This is definitely the "right bike" for 80% of my riding - it's chasing perfection in the other 20% (groad, carrying stuff, nostalgia, and fast n' furious rides) that still has me experimenting a bit.
I think it needs 30c tubulars on those Nemesis/WI wheels.. but that's just me..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 05-02-2019, 01:39 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowgram5 View Post
I think it needs 30c tubulars on those Nemesis/WI wheels.. but that's just me..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I've got Nemesis/Record tubs in the works - all is well
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 05-02-2019, 04:30 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 9,123
Swooning.

.



Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 05-02-2019, 04:48 PM
jtbadge's Avatar
jtbadge jtbadge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,250
This thing is dialed.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 05-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Climb01742 Climb01742 is offline
needs adult supervision
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Concord, MA
Posts: 13,452
Beautifully balanced.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.