Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
Sizing up makes a lot of sense. When it was just 2 of us, we often took a 3p tent backpacking when we wanted some room and didn’t mind an extra pound.
Yep, my backpacking tent when I drag my wife out with me is a 3p UL big agnes and a double width inflatable pad. Its enough room for the 2 of us and our 2 small dogs. I wouldnt want to live out of it though and you have to be a bit delicate with it.
Old 12-10-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff_duffy View Post
I think many of you do overnight camping…not something I’ve done in many many years! My daughter is going on missions trip and needs 2 person tent. Rain proof critical from what they’ve told us. Has to be somewhat light as they will be carrying it (but not a lot, basically 4 locations they’ll be going to). Will be in use for about 9 months so durable as well. Any tips from any of you that camp? Cost a concern but if it takes $$ will find a way. Next OT topic will be in how those with kids have supported a gap year
Let us know what you and your daughter decide on for her upcoming expedition....I mean mission.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbike View Post
Marketing? I'll bite, what is hilleberg marketed for?
They claim to be lightweight all-season tents!
There are at least 5 makers that make tents that are lighter, more durable and more affordable.

A group of us are doing an 85 mile stretch of the CDT starting Thursday in Idaho and ending in Wyoming...Im guessing there will be no hilleberg tents!
So we wound up hiking 102 miles, -15 to 45 degrees, snow, freezing rain and sun. Average of just over 20 miles a day and the zpack held up under heavy snow and ice!