Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
What SpeedyChix said. There's no comparison.

I have an older Dinotte and it is, literally, the only light I've ever used where I had a driver pull up next to me and tell me it was a great light and he appreciated being able to see me. This has happened twice. Never with another brand of light because they're nowhere near as bright.

All this said, they're far too bright for nighttime usage. Even on its dimmest setting it's too much at night, at least for any kind of group.

But in daylight it's clearly visible, and from a long distance.
Thanks Saab and Speedy. Helpful to know and think about the Dinotte as a daytime light.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:59 PM

Well damn it all. Lucky you!

Glad to hear someone's picking up and that they're in biz.

I literally just dialed again after reading your response, which is the second attempt today. No answer.

I've been pleasant in voice mails and emails, no hostility expressed in any communication, so I can't attribute lack of follow up due to the usual vitriol spewed by frustrated consumers.

Oh well. I'm still a very happy user of the product. I've yet to see (in person at least) a brighter tail light than the quad. People ask all the time what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11.4 View Post
Just spoke with Dinotte. They are still in business and shipping units and spare parts (just ordered a couple spare parts). Their deliveries are a bit slow, they say, because of distribution problems and they are having trouble getting some parts, but for the most part they are doing repairs and are shipping orders. That's the word from a phone call this morning.

And a second on their product design and quality. Love their products. And they have always been superb about responding and caring for customers. I didn't see any difference in the call I just placed.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:44 PM
quadropheniac

The Cygolight Hypershot 350 is relatively new and right up there with the Rotlicht and Dinotte imho, as I’ve owned them all. I also had some issues with the Dinotte buttons, which caused it to be out of commission for a period of time. As I don't ride at night and count on a taillight for daylight use, I sold the light and went with the Cygolight products. Worth a try, especially after reading about this customer service concern.

https://cygolite.com/product/hypershot-350-usb/
Old 07-03-2020, 07:16 PM

I have been a repeat Dinotte customer for multiple products, but the lack of response --- I tired again yesterday -- means I just have to move on, I need a daytime tail light that increases my chances of being seen. How is the mounting for the Hypershot 350?
Old 01-15-2021, 11:21 AM

Curious if anyone has purchased from (and received) or been in contact with Dinotte in the last few months.

As with others I love my quad and want to buy another, but four threads during 2020 mention only MIA business practices.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:26 AM

Yes, I just bought some small parts from them a few days ago. My order was shipped the same day that it was placed, and received promptly.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:44 PM

About a month ago I sent in an old light to be repaired. They fixed it and sent it back out the day they received it, which I thought was amazing.

Whatever it was that produced the slow response time this past summer seems to be resolved now.

http://rothrockcyrcle.wordpress.com/
Old 01-15-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyChix View Post
I have both a Cygolite Hotshot 150 and the Dinotte. There is NO comparison. Dinotte is worlds brighter. The 150 is an "emergency" light for use when I have to ride home from the mtb trail. It simply isn't as bright. I think the flashing light on the Garmin Varia is brighter than the Cygolite based on seeing a rider from a distance that had the Varia flashing.
The Cygolite Hypershot 350 is very similar in light intensity to the Dinotte 400R - regular version (no longer sold) when looking at it straight on, but once you go off axis a little, the Cygolite loses a lot of intensity, but the Dinotte stays bright.

I have been happy with my 400R. I have used it for about 7 years now and the first time I had a problem, Dinotte fixed it quickly and for cheap.

I like the form factor of a light with an integrated battery (and that's what the Dinotte Quad is for), but the 400R has been very solid.

http://rothrockcyrcle.wordpress.com/
Old 01-15-2021, 04:10 PM

Thank you gmike and steamer, appears things are at least somewhat back to normal. I'll place my order.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the update to my old thread!

I've been making due with electrical tape fix for the silicon port cover. It works.

I'm going to contact them again on small parts availability and hopefully place an order for that and maybe also another light. Would be glad to do the latter if they're up and running.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:14 PM

Perfect timing. I was just going to look up this thread as I need a new light and I really want the XML-3.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:28 PM

It's worth checking out Ebay, Dinotte sells refurbished lights and accessories there. Just got a quad rear for $99.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2021, 10:16 AM

Update (if not comically appreciative of their follow up): ordered items in May 2020.

Just got email today, November 2021, that my order was canceled.

At least they're on it!

Old 11-28-2021, 10:51 AM
Adrenaline Junkie

That's nearly comical.

New updates to lights with USB-C charging ports, ordered and shipped w/in a week. They are/were running a black Friday sale. IDK if someone else is running the biz now but they are very active on FB now. All good news for current and future.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:33 AM

I found the info on the Dinotte site a bit confusing as to how long the new Quad rear light actually works at different intensities and went with a Lupine Rotlicht Max instead, with a saddle mount. Will see if that turns out to be a good decision or not. I'll continue to roll the Bontrager Ions F/R on my racer, the bigger F/R lights (Outbound F, Rotlicht R) are for the winter trainer/gravel'r.