Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2015, 06:15 AM

Colnago C59 question.

I am/have been looking for a 2014 Colnago C59 frame in the ADWH scheme . While I just recently found one the seller says it's only rigged for Electronic Shifting.

Am I missing something, or aren't all those Colnago frames pre- routed for BOTH Mechanical and Electronic?

Thanks for any input ~ Chris
Old 12-08-2015, 06:16 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkeeper36 View Post
I am/have been looking for a 2014 Colnago C59 frame in the ADWH scheme . While I just recently found one the seller says it's only rigged for Electronic Shifting.

Am I missing something, or aren't all those Colnago frames pre- routed for BOTH Mechanical and Electronic?

Thanks for any input ~ Chris
Early, first gen C59 were electronic only, with appropriate holes, w/o the stops and such for mechanical.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:58 AM
not banished

Correct with what elder spud said - i think it was 2012 to 2013 maybe 14 - frames came in mech OR electric and then they came in dual.

I have one of these frames in a different color - electric only. Basically there are no holes in the downtube for mech cables. There is only a hole in the top tube for the brake cable and electric wires and then the proper hole in the seat tube for the front der and the chain stay for the rear der and electric wire. Battery mount, should you need it, for external battery under the BB / top tube.

I am using it with EPS version 1 and it's very clean. The dual mech's and electric have the holes in the downtube and if you don't need them, rubber grommets to plug 'em up.

Love mine.

Last edited by velomonkey; 12-08-2015 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:03 AM

My C59 -- in Mapei -- is drilled for mechanical. I installed Athena. I bought it new in 2014. But I have read that some are just for electronic.

Tags
c59, colnago