Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-2019, 07:17 PM

It is never easy to know what to say to someone who has lost a friend/family member. Sorry for your loss Peter. Cleo was lucky to have chosen you as his family.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
Condolences Peter. RIP Cleo

Never had dogs growing up but been there twice in my married life. It was unexpected when the time came but the decision was obvious the action was quick and I'm grateful that was the case.

We've had large dogs, so their absence left a gaping hole in our small house on top of the emotional hole.

Before having a dog, I used to hear about these "pets are family" feelings and not get it. Now I do.

They are both in cedar boxes at home.
Our bichons Ludwig and Max are also in cedar boxes in the music room. We'll never forget them but would never want to be without having a dog or two in our lives even for a week. Sometimes Leslie or I will call Annie "Max" or Eric "Ludi" because they remind us of our dogs from the past.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:50 AM

Been there. I’m with you on the pain. I didn’t realize how much I would miss Bogey when he passed. It’ll get better but it takes a while.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Robb View Post
Our bichons Ludwig and Max are also in cedar boxes in the music room. We'll never forget them but would never want to be without having a dog or two in our lives even for a week. Sometimes Leslie or I will call Annie "Max" or Eric "Ludi" because they remind us of our dogs from the past.
I carved out from a large redwood tree a 2' H x 3' L Airedale. We have the collars from both our boys (Airedales) on this carving that stands in our living room.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:06 AM

It’s amazing the inter species bond and friendship that can be developed with these little creatures. So sorry for you loss. My cat is getting on in the years and on chemo for some cancer maintenance... everyday I have with him these days is something to be cherished.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Riding Along

They are family. I have lost a few and it is tough. They are a part of who we are. Hang in there.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:21 AM
needs adult supervision

I hope it helps you know you're not alone. I lost a dog recently. He was almost 14. The place a dog can make in our hearts is almost beyond words. That's why tears are the truest expression of the loss. Take care, Pete.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:55 AM

I'm sorry to read about your loss. It's never easy parting with a pet but you made the right call. I'm sure Cleo had a great life with you and your family in Boulder.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:48 PM

That sucks OP..

I lost mine like a year ago, his brother is still with us but countdown started already a month ago...
Old 05-22-2019, 01:20 PM

Sorry buddy. Tough loss.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:40 PM

Yah it's rough. I was always a dog person till my wife one day wanted to adopt two cats that a friend of ours who just so happened to be found by a mama cat had. I thought to myself, well we do have mice in the old farm house so maybe they will be useful tools! They were useful tools but I could not believe how devastated I was when our little Walnut got sick at age 8 and passed away.

It is their pure innocence that gets ya. It's saying good bye to pure childhood innocence when they go.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:43 PM
aka RAEKWON

Sorry to hear OP. I lost my best friend Gus a few years ago and was very hard. He was a good dog. I now have a new friend, he is awesome but I will always remember Mr. Gus.

Dogs are the best.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:05 PM

Dogs or any pet really adds so much to our lives. Our pups are great companions and always happy when someone comes home. I hope you choose to follow that path again, it is so rewarding.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:34 PM
Retired!

I'm very sorry for your loss, Pete. It hurts. I had to have my companion of nearly 16 years put down two weeks ago. Losing them is such a dreadful part of bringing these little ones into our lives. We live with the understanding that we'll someday have to feel this pain and there's no preparing for it. Still, it's worth every second of having them in our lives.

Kevin g
Old 05-22-2019, 09:58 PM

Peace to you and yours, mate.