Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Adrenaline Junkie

Huge loss. Jack had a big heart and will be missed. Had a number of written "conversations" with him. Please send condolences to the family.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:00 AM

Wow.

Sad news.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:41 AM

Ah, hell. This really sucks. I'd talked with Jack numerous times over the years. A few years ago, we just happened to be in Denver at the same time and managed to get together for an in-person conversation. Really nice guy and he looked completely different than I expected. I'm really sorry to hear of his passing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
"Fight the good fight, every minute of every day."
-Jack Brunk
Indeed! The song that Jack quoted so many times on Ultraendure. He had gone through cancer as well at on point. Never Surrender Jack! I'll be blasting the song in your honor today.

Texbike

Last edited by texbike; 05-11-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:53 PM

RIP -- Jack Brunk

Oh man, just saw this. I met up with jack a couple of times when I bought his bikes. Very nice guy. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

The man had epic taste in bikes and I was lucky enough to fit them. I'll always remember the standard light post bike shot he used to post.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
His wife has overcome her illness and is better, and Jack's death was an accident...not illness.
Keith, was it a cycling-related accident?
Old 05-11-2017, 09:51 PM

I keep coming back to this thread and reading all the posts about how many lives he touched.....we should all aspire to have such reach and impact. Also perusing some of his posts and man he had some good ones.....he knew how to do it right!

His bikes pics were also great.....his Pegorettis, Colnagos (even a fixed gear C40 with a carbon crank!), Zanks, Fireflys, Pinarellos, and all those Lightweight wheels.....man he had some good taste.

But to me he was always "that dude with the Clavicula cranks"!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cure for a effin nasty sore throat, in order

Don Julio 1942 tequila,

Complete recordings, Humble Pie Fillmore East 1971 4 cd high def.

Ripping through my computer, X Sabre Dac, Woo Audio WA6 to my Beyer T70 Tesla cans cabled with custom Zues 22 cables.

Marriott and Frampton where all world pros.

Don't really care how I feel tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such a loss but such great memories. Pouring one out for you fella....
Old 05-11-2017, 09:54 PM

Super sad. Such a generous member. RIP
Old 05-11-2017, 10:13 PM

This guy had a HUGE heart and throughout the years sold so many incredible bikes for so little money it was crazy. Jack was always one to step up and help a fellow forum member, offer an even better deal, payment plans etc simply to help a fellow forum member get a ride they really wanted. I spoke electronically with Jack a number of times through the years and he had no problem asking tons of questions about stuff he wasn't familiar with or answering tons of questions to help me choose a new bike, new part or just to get his ride impression before a purchase. I think we both purchased a number of bikes based on each other's opinion and information. We're lucky to have had Jack as a member of our forum "family".

KRhea
Old 05-11-2017, 11:35 PM
v a n i l l a

It is so sad and shocking to hear of Jack's passing. Along with Pete and Noise, that's three too many in my time here.

Yes, the incredible bikes. The Clavicula cranks. What about the Vanilla track bike? The builds were beyond anyone's imagination at the time.

That pole touched more great bikes than a handful of us combined will in our lifetimes. You can have the garage door. Nothing like a JB pole shot. And, when he got tired of road, the mountain bikes were as superb.

Always a good word and positive attitude for anyone.

RIP Jack and condolences to your family.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:07 AM

What sad news. RIP.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:32 PM

RIP Jack.
You touched many lives, mine included, in a very positive way.

I though I remember reading a thread that said his wife had accepted a new job in Colorado and he was moving out here. Apparently, that didn't happen.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:20 PM

I had met him and his lovely wife in Montana

Sad news indeed. He and I had plans to "someday" ride the Solvang Double Century together (I'm of Danish decent so based on that, he recommended the Solvang DC over others (Davis Double, etc)

I guess that someday will never come to be.

Thoughts and Prayers go out to his family. He was such a nice guy, and a very enthusiastic rider.

Sad
Old 05-12-2017, 09:44 PM

Dang this is sad news

Such great guy. I was lucky to get two bikes from him and he was the 1st to offer me the ability to pay in installments. I'd hoped to meet him in person. I didn't realize ultraendure was gone, I enjoyed reading his posts there. He gave us a lot of cycling passion and of course bike lust. My thoughts are with his family.

Last edited by jimcav; 10-23-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:09 AM

That is very sad indeed. I bought a Seven frameset from him and he was a complete gentleman to deal with. RIP Jack.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:28 AM

Oh man. As a very occasional lurker/contributor around here anymore, this is the second time I've checked in for the first time in a while and learned of a great forum-pal's death. First time was Pete, who I met and hung out with a few times. Jack I never met but felt like I knew him just from time spent together online. That guy always had the best gear and always passed it in and was a great and generous guy. RIP Jack - I know you're riding somewhere...

-Ray