Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2019, 06:06 AM

Thanks all for the comments.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:39 PM

Bumping this thread because I just got back from 4 days in Klamath Falls.

I’ve got to say, the town is cute and quaint. There is some decent food— a good bakery, plenty of bars, a good coffee shop and decent pizza place.

The Thai food was mediocre at best.

The riding is exceptional. I brought my hard tail and did some Spence mountain loops and poked around Moore park. The wildlife and access to nature is absolutely incredible. Hoards of deer crossing willy nilly, bald eagles, spectacular views of the lake and wide open plains with rainbows and wooded backdrops.

I definitely saw some “methy” vibes but from what I heard from the locals is violent crime is fairly low and property crime is opportunistic and infrequent.

The pacific terrace neighborhood was cute with nice houses and housing was affordable.

The bad—it’s not very diverse if that’s important. There is no nightlife at all. There’s a bar and a pool hall and one movie theater. No place for your injection of culture.

We spent a couple nights doing local dinners and went to a dinner at a house in town so I’m by no means a KF expert.

OP if you’d like more info still let me know and I can give you a more thorough analysis of what I experienced.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:10 AM

Thank you for posting this follow-up. Klamath Falls sounds pretty typical and similar to other PNW towns we have lived in in the past; many of which have not been “discovered” yet. We have a trip planned for next June to check it out.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:38 AM

Lots of smaller more remote areas are still recovering from a 10 year recession, businesses/bases closed, etc. One has to decide how it might be in the future....not necessarily how it is now. Maybe it gets "discovered" after you move there, general conditions improve, and home prices skyrocket.

BTW....I've never been to KF.

Last edited by Ralph; 11-22-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:15 AM

Thanks for the info. I haven’t been to KF for about a decade and remember it being pretty rough at the time. I’d like to make a trip to the area for some mountain biking/dirt touring.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Pines View Post
Thanks for the info. I haven’t been to KF for about a decade and remember it being pretty rough at the time. I’d like to make a trip to the area for some mountain biking/dirt touring.
There’s a really robust trail system. The Klamath Falls alliance has been making 10-20 miles of trail every year.
Spence mountain has manufactured jumps, rock walls, meticulous berms and well marked trails. I hear they’re building trails in town so people can bust out right after work and get a quickie in