Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2023, 12:34 PM
#RYFB

Final word for me. After returning the M Kask for a L, I'm pretty happy with the fit though it definitely fits more snugly on my head than the POC -- it sits firmly on my head when I put it on with the ratchet all the way out. If I'm too aggressive in tightening it down then it gets uncomfortable after a little while but just have to loosen it up a bit and it's fine.

It does have less of a mushroom look on my head than the POC, but as stated previously that is a minor benefit.
Old 03-19-2023, 07:30 PM
Robin (she/her)

How is the strap location? some complain the straps bother their ears! Curious bc I like the Kask as well….
Old 03-19-2023, 09:48 PM
Vendor

I have a POC Ventral Air MIPS in a large. The mushroomy look (especially in a large) isn't too bad. It's still more of a mushroom than other makers, but less mushroomy than past POC.
Old 03-21-2023, 02:23 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tz779 View Post
How is the strap location? some complain the straps bother their ears! Curious bc I like the Kask as well….
For me it's fine, although I notice that when descending at high speed the ear straps flap around a little bit. Just a minor annoyance and I've never noticed it with the POC.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:02 PM

just to follow up on this thread, I got my kask helmet, and while I like the lower profile shape and it fit in size M, it was not as comfortable as the POC and the leather (real?) chin strap I found annoying. I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing that softens over time but, i'll probably returning it and the trace this week.