Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2020, 03:32 PM

What everybody else basically said...it's a buy. Have a pair of their bibs and they wear extremely well.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:34 PM

I rode them for a couple of years with the team and they were great.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:40 PM

I forgot to say I also appreciate that for all their tops they are very clear and consistent in telling you whether they are "aero" (e.g. euro) or "traditional" (e.g. ok for middle aged dudes) fit.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:22 PM

The Tundra jerseys I ordered are traditional fit, and I'm pretty slim, but I ordered size small and I hope they are pretty aero. They have free exchanges so worst case they go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by efixler View Post
I forgot to say I also appreciate that for all their tops they are very clear and consistent in telling you whether they are "aero" (e.g. euro) or "traditional" (e.g. ok for middle aged dudes) fit.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:58 AM

I was hesitant to click on this thread as I just ordered a bunch of Pactimo gear over the weekend, but happy to see everyone has good things to say. I ordered some bib shorts, bib tights, long-sleeve jersey and winter socks. The Black Friday Sale thread alerted me. Looking forward to testing this stuff out!
Old 11-26-2020, 12:15 AM

Does anyone have any recs for sizing for them or does it tend to run pretty true?

I ordered some leg/arm/knee warmers from them in the size their charts recommended but feel like they're way too tight. Almost feels like compression gear and not in a good way, i.e. a movement restricting way.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
Does anyone have any recs for sizing for them or does it tend to run pretty true?

I ordered some leg/arm/knee warmers from them in the size their charts recommended but feel like they're way too tight. Almost feels like compression gear and not in a good way, i.e. a movement restricting way.
They seem to fit the same as Pearl Izumi if that helps. Meaning size M in both brands fit me about the same, shorts and jerseys.

Tim
Old 11-26-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
They seem to fit the same as Pearl Izumi if that helps. Meaning size M in both brands fit me about the same, shorts and jerseys.

Tim
Yeah they're significantly tighter than the fairly old descente stuff I own. I was also a bit surprised that their alpine stuff isn't microfleece lined as much. I'll have to try them on again and check. I'm sure they'll stretch a little bit. I usually don't wear large items in most cuts since I have like a 31-32 waist last I checked. I still fit older j crew slim fit pants I own so it's not like my legs are yuge!
Old 11-26-2020, 09:12 AM

I don’t know that I’d use the warmers as a reference point to the bibs and jerseys.

With the bibs, I find the stratos to be too non-compressive — they’re not loose, but I like the feel of the raptors better.

For reference, I’m 32 waist, large in Castelli-world, solid medium in most others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by efixler View Post
I don’t know that I’d use the warmers as a reference point to the bibs and jerseys.

With the bibs, I find the stratos to be too non-compressive — they’re not loose, but I like the feel of the raptors better.

For reference, I’m 32 waist, large in Castelli-world, solid medium in most others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's how they tell you to size them though :/

I just checked and my oldest PI stuff from ages ago is a small short haha still fits fine.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:21 PM

I adore their 12-hour bibs. Did a five-day tour and three double centuries in them this summer and fall and they’ve been the best I’ve ever worn.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:50 PM

I got just over 30 miles in yesterday in my new Pactimo Alpine Thermal Bib Tights. They were nice and cozy with a very comfortable chamois. I look forward to testing out the 12-hour bibs with some leg warmers soon.