Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2020, 06:44 AM

Experience with Pactimo clothing?

Looking at their Alpine Thermal Tights and Tundra Thermal Jersey.
Thanks!
Old 11-23-2020, 06:48 AM

Many years ago I bought a Pactimo middle weight jacket as they had one of their regular sales. Had not really heard much of the brand but it looked nice. The jacket was excellent. I now have 2 jackets, 4 pair of bib shorts, knee warmers, gloves and various base layers. I guess you could say I have been converted. However, I do always wait for their sales as you save 30% or more. At full price, not so sure the value is there.

Tim
Old 11-23-2020, 07:39 AM

I have a pair of bibs and thermal knickers, both are very good, and they've been durable. Reflective detail on the thermals is nicely done. Sizing is a little more "American" (I'm a large in Castelli, M in Pactimo) As above, I wait for the sales (with everything I buy though).
Old 11-23-2020, 08:24 AM

I bought a pair of their winter tights last year. None sure of model but they have a soft shell feel, chamois and stirrups on the legs plus zippers.

I really like them although just started wearing. They were very helpful on sizing rec. I am a medium in pearl Izumi and the medium Pactimo fit well

Bought on sale so price/ value good. Would buy again
Old 11-23-2020, 08:32 AM

Quality products.

All you can do is try it out and see. I have a number of pieces that work for me and have their packable/breathable rain jacket on the way.

If I were in charge of finding a custom maker I'd look at them. I think they really want to be a good value but also be seen as durable and current in their offerings.

It's not as luxurious as some brands but it may outlast them.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:57 AM

A team I rode for used them for mid-range stuff, which I mostly liked b/c the fit was good for me. Earlier this year I purchased a set of their $200+ bibs and though the fit was good, and as they claimed they pretty much 'disappear' under me during longer rides comfort-wise, the stitching on one side of the chamois completely came out after about 4-5 rides. So I wasn't real impressed with the QC or durability compared to say, assos, which basically go season after season with no issues in my experience. To their credit, pactimo sent me a new pair after I returned them for a repair, so they did take care of me. As others said, I wouldn't buy again unless at a sale/discount time.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:20 AM
Older Than You

Top notch quality. Make sure to wait for the sales.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:56 AM
Adrenaline Junkie

Love their kit, The bibs and some of the jerseys.
The Alpine jacket has been fantastic. The vented vests and jackets are nice as well. Looking at their thermal jacket as my next addition.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:01 AM

I've had their thermal bibs for several years and am quite happy with them. Warm, durable and the chamois is comfortable. Like others have said, wait for a sale.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:51 AM

Have a pair of large like new bibs in the classifieds if interested in trying a pair at reduced price
Old 11-23-2020, 12:24 PM

I have one Pactimo jersey that fits very well for my rectangular body shape. It is short sleeve and made for warm weather. I have ridden in it during 90 degree days and it performed well.

The one issue I have with the jersey is the reflective applique on the arms and shoulders. The warning on the website states clearly that sunscreen will remove the reflective applique from the jersey and it does. The jersey still functions just fine but does not look as good as it did and clearly no longer warns drivers of my presence on the road at night.

I will try Pactimo bib shorts next.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:25 PM

I have a pair of their bib shorts, arm & leg warmers, a light jacket and a winter weight jacket.

I really love their stuff. High quality and seems to be quite durable.

I like their bibs but tend to prefer Sportful bib shorts and tights though.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:44 PM

Just ordered two long sleeve winter jerseys (Tundra Thermal) now at half price. Thanks all! The tights I was looking at are out of stock in my size.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:00 PM

My club uses them for our kits for two years now. Decent stuff. I only have the lightweight climbers version of each of the three kits I own, so can't say much for the other lines they carry, or any of the winter stuff.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:58 PM

Solid merch, not super-precious but good quality all around, great value during sales.