Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2020, 06:04 AM
Vendor

Something that will cause serious fighting... In and Out Burger

I'm sorry, I don't like them. I don't think I've ever waited more than 2 1/2 hours for anything except maybe a new rollercoaster or something like that. 14 hours and getting there on Tuesday for an opening later in the week?! Nope.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/11/2...rora-14-hours/
Old 11-23-2020, 06:11 AM

Same thing happened when they started opening Krispy Kreme donut shops here in CT.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the public.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:16 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
I'm sorry, I don't like them. I don't think I've ever waited more than 2 1/2 hours for anything except maybe a new rollercoaster or something like that. 14 hours and getting there on Tuesday for an opening later in the week?! Nope.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/11/2...rora-14-hours/
HA, the average guy on the street is such a moron sometimes..geez, wait a month for your double-double and be 'in 'N out' in about 15 minutes..

I wonder how many went thru McDucks first so they wouldn't get hungry waiting for I&O...
Old 11-23-2020, 06:20 AM
Vendor

It's not just the wait which is so insane all on it's own. But their food sucks. I never understand why people think it's so good. What? Cause it has a "secret menu"? Big deal. I'd rather go to Five Guys. At least their food has flavor.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:20 AM
aka RAEKWON

People are dumb. I never been to in and out and trust me I love food but I hate waiting at restaurants. Even 30 minutes I almost always just go somewhere else.

I once waited 2 hours for shake shack (ny version of in and out, some say its better some say its worst). I didnt want to do it but all my friends insisted was the best burger ever. Finally got to order and eat and it was good but no way was 2 hours good, not even 15 minutes good.

I did camp out in college for about 30 hours for the playstation 3. That was dumb for sure but ended up actually being fun. At the end though I did have a console I kept for a good amount of time and not a burger that will be finished in 5 minutes
Old 11-23-2020, 06:22 AM

It's okay, Whataburger still makes In-N-Out look like Alpo.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:32 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKW View Post
It's okay, Whataburger still makes In-N-Out look like Alpo.
LarkBurger, SmashBurger, GoodTimes..I've had I&O about 3 times, when working in a shop in Pacific Beach..burger better with the 12er of beer we drank with it after closing...
Old 11-23-2020, 06:43 AM

Years ago the long defunct fast food chain, Ginos, was reintroduced in MD. The first week had lines out the door. For freaking fast food! Long after the lines went away I tried one of their burgers. It was Five Guys price at McDonald's quality. I could not believe people would wait hours for In and Out. I don't think I would wait hours for anything unless I had no other choice. Of course I scratch my head when crowds wait all day to get a glimpse of some celebrity or politician.

Tim
Old 11-23-2020, 06:44 AM
Administrator

same nonsense happened in my neck of the woods when the first Sonic opened up here. stupid.

what really made it stupid for me, is that the place was located on a highway and the lines to get in the lot backed up the highway for miles on the shoulder which effed traffic up for like a week.

i guess some people really enjoy fast food, i mean - obviously they do, but i dont enjoy the food at all. i'll eat it if i'm travelling or in a hurry or starving or something, but to wait for fast food is just silly.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:49 AM

You know the secret sauce: nostalgia! Fast food was an infrequent treat when I was a kid, and now it is for my kids as well. It just gets me fat and gives me a stomachache. In these times of COVID though if you’re an In n Out fan you can get through there in about 10m by masking up and going inside.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewhelmuth View Post
You know the secret sauce: nostalgia! Fast food was an infrequent treat when I was a kid, and now it is for my kids as well. It just gets me fat and gives me a stomachache. In these times of COVID though if you’re an In n Out fan you can get through there in about 10m by masking up and going inside.
Yeah, the Ginos thing was all about nostalgia as they were the first fast food place in MD. That was in the early 70s and I rarely spent my allowance money there. Just driving past and seeing the sign was all the nostalgia I needed. No way I would wait more than a few minutes for their food. I do like Five Guys burgers though. Even then, I call ahead on my way past so I don't have to wait. Even more useful in COVID times.

Tim
Old 11-23-2020, 07:04 AM

Around here it's chick fil a

The drive thru goes around the block at all times, except on Sundays. I don't get it as the food is kinda bland
Old 11-23-2020, 07:12 AM

Maybe most might disagree but I love In N Out’s fries. I like the freshness of the potato seeing them cut the potatoes in the kitchen. It has the nice earthy flavor of the potato.

That being said two years ago (roughly to this day), my wife and I moved to this apartment complex that’s directly next door to an In N Out. We smell it all day when we leave our apartment. In those two years I’ve had it exactly once (and it was because they sent us a free meal coupon)... really don’t crave particular foods when you smell it all the time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2020, 07:13 AM

I actually like In-N-Out but not enough to wait 10 minutes for it. The last time I had a burger there was probably 3 or 4 years ago, at the one near LAX.

I think it's decent fast food. But that's the qualifier. It's still fast food.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
It's not just the wait which is so insane all on it's own. But their food sucks. I never understand why people think it's so good. What? Cause it has a "secret menu"? Big deal. I'd rather go to Five Guys. At least their food has flavor.
Yep, do enjoy Five Guys and was glad to see they had expanded to Utah when I moved back to Utah from the east. But out here we have a place called Tony Burgers. There burgers kick 5 Guys butt even though we all like 5 Guys 5 better. Then on top of that we have Burly Burgers which have better burgers and fries than both of them. None of which are worth a long wait to me though.

Now Krispy Kreme is a different story, manna from the gods. LOL!