Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2018, 06:26 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
My wife has had one kidney stone..and she said the pain was worse than both kid's births..and they were pretty 'traditional, drug wise(as in not much)...w/o getting into the nittygritty...
same with my mom, we were talking about it this summer, she said kidstone way worst than birth in her experience. She has had multiple kidney stones, some pretty big that she almost had to get surgery.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:54 PM

For those interested in this unpleasant thread...

The urologist said testicular torsion, not kidney stone. My guess is that a few hours of pedaling put the testicle in a strange position, pulling down the bibs allowed it to twist, and then writhing caused it to un-twist.

The urologist confirmed that though torsion was mostly experienced by pre-pubescent and adolescent boys, it does occur with men of a certain age too. And it need not be traumatic contact.

The proposed solution is to essentially stitch the testicle in-place to the scrotum, so it can't twist. Sounds painful, but my doctor friends said "easily done."
Old 11-06-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhound View Post

The urologist said testicular torsion, not kidney stone. My guess is that a few hours of pedaling put the testicle in a strange position, pulling down the bibs allowed it to twist, and then writhing caused it to un-twist.

The urologist confirmed that though torsion was mostly experienced by pre-pubescent and adolescent boys, it does occur with men of a certain age too. And it need not be traumatic contact.

The proposed solution is to essentially stitch the testicle in-place to the scrotum, so it can't twist. Sounds painful, but my doctor friends said "easily done."
I had the procedure in my early 20s...about 40 years ago. Even then it was a painless procedure. As no muscle is cut you feel fine when you come to. I would expect the operation is a lot better today.

Tim
Old 11-06-2018, 01:59 PM

Good god; thanks for the updating us on the resolution. This sounds like the opposite of fun.

Quote:

Old 11-06-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Was outpatient when I had it done in the past.

I figure it's on par with getting taken out of the gene pool.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Sensuous Man

They "tethered" me up while performing the emergency surgery i needed to get un-twisted. Happy to report that I have had no problems since.
As a kid, I played tether ball.
As a an adult, I have tethered balls.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotion View Post
They "tethered" me up while performing the emergency surgery i needed to get un-twisted. Happy to report that I have had no problems since.
You win the POTD
Old 11-06-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotion View Post
Lol...
Old 11-07-2018, 12:20 AM

Have you ever tried to pass one ball to the other side? :P

Tags
men's health, testicular torsion