Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2020, 03:01 PM

Same here. With all of this doom and gloom and uncertainty people seem a bit more friendly right now. It's nice, and hope it continues.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:12 PM

On my ride up the hill into Hariman day before yesterday, a couple of old-timers (by which I mean guys like me) were walking. I got friendly waves from both, and the guy that was heading downhill, called out (enviously I like to think) "must be fun coming back down the hill" to which I agreed!
Old 04-03-2020, 04:03 PM

Earlier this week, my wife went to the local Starbucks drive in window for a coffee. There are a couple of ways to get into the line, and no one would let her in. A young lady wife who was talking on the phone, and had a couple kids in the car, did let her in. When my wife was to pay, she told the clerk she wanted to pay for the next car’s order. The clerk was excited to have her pay for the lady’ s $20.00 order, my wife was happy to do it, and we assume the lady enjoyed it, too.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker72 View Post
. About that time an attractive young lady driving a Mercedes drove in to pick up her curbside order. Overhearing the conversation she said “I’ll take care of it. What did you want sir?” She refused payment. The salad came out in less than 5 minutes.

If there is ever a place to find hot lady's, it's Chic fil A. I don't what it is about the place, but it's good people partaking. I used to love going there at lunch just to sit and relax.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:16 PM

Snip:
Quote:
I decided to go to Chic Fil A to get a salad.
When we go to Chick Fil A to get a salad, that's how you know that the world as we know it has ended...
Old 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM

prolly OT, but had my first Chic-Fil-A sammich yesterday.

a friend brought lunch for us...to be kind, it was an over-priced piece of nastiness.

yuk.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seramount View Post
prolly OT, but had my first Chic-Fil-A sammich yesterday.

a friend brought lunch for us...to be kind, it was an over-priced piece of nastiness.

yuk.
But how were the chics!

Only had their food twice... better than I was expecting. 1st time was free, 2nd time was a travel stop.

I've noticed for the most part, people all over (not an option for me to work from home) have been much more patient and polite.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Later that day still on my bike I decided to go to Chic Fil A to get a salad. I knew the dining area was closed but surely they could take a walk up order. Thanks to COVID 19 the options are curbside pickup or drive through. ...
McDonald's seems to be the only fast food chain with take out service from their lobby.

I wonder why all the rest of the competition isn't following suit? Burger King and Wendy's only have drive through service in CT.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Interesting ride yesterday. I was stopped at a light on a street with a marked bike lane that is also the right turn lane. I generally stay out of that lane when stopped so cars can turn right. A car came up in the turn lane and the driver was about to give me a hard time for not being in the designated bike lane. I explained my reasoning to him. He got a big smile on his face and told me to ride safe and have a good day.

Later that day still on my bike I decided to go to Chic Fil A to get a salad. I knew the dining area was closed but surely they could take a walk up order. Thanks to COVID 19 the options are curbside pickup or drive through. The manager came out and profusely apologized saying that they were just not set up for a walk up order. My only choice was the Chic Fil A smartphone app that I didn’t have. About that time an attractive young lady driving a Mercedes drove in to pick up her curbside order. Overhearing the conversation she said “I’ll take care of it. What did you want sir?” She refused payment. The salad came out in less than 5 minutes.

I came real close to buying some lottery tickets on the way home.
The amazing part of this story is that you went to Chik-fil-A and skipped the waffle fries.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:08 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Gonna be your whiney 'dad' or something but I would be wary of any food prepared by others..rec is microwave before you eat..YMMV and all that.
actually... from what I read, food is fine as long as its removed from the container. This stuff survives on hard surfaces but food is soft so it doesnt stay in it for very long. So pick up and delivery are fine (yes there is a minimal chance but its more likely you get it from your mail) but you should transfer the food from the container to your plate and discard the container, wash your hands, ect.

That said I have ordered pick up only 1 time in the past month so I am not really practicing what I preach.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Interesting ride yesterday. I was stopped at a light on a street with a marked bike lane that is also the right turn lane. I generally stay out of that lane when stopped so cars can turn right. A car came up in the turn lane and the driver was about to give me a hard time for not being in the designated bike lane. I explained my reasoning to him. He got a big smile on his face and told me to ride safe and have a good day.

Later that day still on my bike I decided to go to Chic Fil A to get a salad. I knew the dining area was closed but surely they could take a walk up order. Thanks to COVID 19 the options are curbside pickup or drive through. The manager came out and profusely apologized saying that they were just not set up for a walk up order. My only choice was the Chic Fil A smartphone app that I didn’t have. About that time an attractive young lady driving a Mercedes drove in to pick up her curbside order. Overhearing the conversation she said “I’ll take care of it. What did you want sir?” She refused payment. The salad came out in less than 5 minutes.

I came real close to buying some lottery tickets on the way home.
I think you were in the pick-up lane!
Old 04-04-2020, 11:52 AM
Older Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
I think you were in the pick-up lane!
NOTHING like this ever happened to me when I was in my 30's-40's....
Old 04-04-2020, 11:55 AM
Older Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
The amazing part of this story is that you went to Chik-fil-A and skipped the waffle fries.
Gotta eat healthy..
Old 04-04-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
NOTHING like this ever happened to me when I was in my 30's-40's....
Haha - Like fine wine, you are getting better with age!
Old 04-04-2020, 11:57 AM
Older Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo62 View Post
Snip:

When we go to Chick Fil A to get a salad, that's how you know that the world as we know it has ended...
I'm the same guy that goes to a Outback Steakhouse and orders fish and a Fosters..