Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-2024, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazAd View Post
Not true. I just bought a $5k bike I found on PinkBike and the seller was as honest and forthright as any seller I’ve ever bought from on any forum or website anywhere. Total transparency, he followed up to make sure I was satisfied and helped with a warranty claim when something wasn’t right.

From PinkBike. Yes, be careful. Use common sense. Protect yourself. But there are honest sellers and buyers out there.

Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought a groupset off Pinkbike, then months later sold a wheelset on FB Marketplace and it turned out to be the person I bought the groupset from. I was quite chuffed.
Old 03-09-2024, 12:45 PM

Definitely a good deal of trust on this forum. I recently bought a Trek from a guy in PDX, super cool transaction and support well after the exchange. This site is a needle in the haystack.
Old 03-09-2024, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Since Keith is out, I've been screening new member requests here. We have gone from a handful a day to many times that, and the number of obvious scammers/spammers attempting to sign up for the forum is crazy. Having to approve members and manually screening each is getting overwhelming, in fact.

It seems to me there is a recent huge uptick in this kind of bad actor activity.

Yes, be careful out there.
As one of the new sign ups, I appreciate your time and thank you for allowing me to join the Paceline.
Old 03-09-2024, 03:05 PM
You still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRecord View Post
As one of the new sign ups, I appreciate your time and thank you for allowing me to join the Paceline.
First thing, buy us all a beer! ( please note mandatory banana usage)
Old 03-10-2024, 01:05 PM

I've lost count how many scammers I have reported on Pinkbike, this latest is new to me. It's usually a too good to be true deal, very eager seller and a stolen picture. Do your homework and if it seems too good to be true is most likely is. I always like to ask for serial numbers.
Old 03-10-2024, 02:17 PM

I've had good and bad luck with PB but you definitely have to be careful. I'm in the middle of a deal right now that started out good but seems to be going sideways. I should stick to PL!