Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 11:21 AM
The B!

Flightdeck 7700 shifter wiring harness covers?

bought a set of flightdeck 7700 wired to a 6500 computer. everything is in like newish condition.. and while i dont intend to use flightdeck, seems a shame to just cut the wires and kinda ruin the harness.. i know there are some bros here that use flightdeck, for instance.. maybe someone can make use of it

so anyone know if they make/still sell inert covers for the shifters where the harness disconnects, or am i just gonna have to hack em wires off and leave the harnesses on? googling got me nowhere so far

thanks

-dead
Old 07-09-2020, 11:48 AM

I had about 30 NOS Flightdeck wiring harnesses and brought them from swap to swap for years, selling one here and one there until I was finally able to sell the last 15 as one lot LOL.

Can you find a broken lever and scavenge the cover off it?
Old 07-09-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbaz View Post
I had about 30 NOS Flightdeck wiring harnesses and brought them from swap to swap for years, selling one here and one there until I was finally able to sell the last 15 as one lot LOL.

Can you find a broken lever and scavenge the cover off it?
That's what I had to do a few years back. Bought a lot of like 10 busted 7700 brifters on ebay and ended up with a handful of those covers (and a bunch of faceplates, which are worth their weight in gold). I looked into it at that time, and I don't believe they can be ordered anymore through authorized shops.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokofoko View Post
That's what I had to do a few years back. Bought a lot of like 10 busted 7700 brifters on ebay and ended up with a handful of those covers (and a bunch of faceplates, which are worth their weight in gold)
Try looking for NOS 9-speed hoods if you want to discuss hard to find lol
Old 07-09-2020, 02:07 PM

That Flitedeck is a nice system. I still have it on my Rambouillet. Why not use it since you own it already?
Old 07-09-2020, 02:09 PM

That Flitedeck is a nice system. I still have it on my Rambouillet. Why not use it since you own it already. I have the manual too if you need any pages scanned. OTOH Shimano is pretty good about keeping info online for stuff like this.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:38 PM
The B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Robb View Post
That Flitedeck is a nice system. I still have it on my Rambouillet. Why not use it since you own it already. I have the manual too if you need any pages scanned. OTOH Shimano is pretty good about keeping info online for stuff like this.
im kinda teetering on maybe just using it... the frame is 80s, wheels and group 90s, and i havent been garmining my rides for the last couple years. hr would be nice, speed is fun to have.. i just dont want wires all up on my bike.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
im kinda teetering on maybe just using it... the frame is 80s, wheels and group 90s, and i havent been garmining my rides for the last couple years. hr would be nice, speed is fun to have.. i just dont want wires all up on my bike.
It offers cadence and gear ratios too so it makes it easy to compare various combinations of rings and cogs especially on a triple where there can be quite a few overlapping or almost overlapping combos.

Except for the wire running down the fork to the sensor all wires are under the bar wrap.