Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
i think this is a reasonable approach. i'm treating this much like i would a particularly bad flu season. try and stay as active and "healthy" as possible and reduce the instances where my immune system is compromised/vulnerable..

i'm monitoring the situation, but i think it's more or less inevitable that this will come to NYC, the population density is so high here, and people travel far and wide often. public transportation is widely used, so it's a good candidate for a city that this will hit.

i'm in the office today, and took the subway, and will do the same on the way home, but i may decide to just WFH next week, depending on what news comes over the weekend.
Forget masks, unless you are already sick, and...wash your hands...wash your hands...wash your hands. That is the #1 thing you can do to protect yourself short of avoiding all human contact.

Tim
Old 02-28-2020, 02:19 PM
Pack fill

My wife and I are leaving for a week long cruise out of Baltimore harbor Sunday morning. Got word that there will increased screening before boarding the ship and if you suspected of being infected you will not be allowed to board. Also if you have been to China, Hong Kong,and a few other places in the past month you will not allowed on board. The Dominican republic did not allow a cruise ship to dock on Thursday, We are heading to the Bahamas, so far no restrictions but that could change at any time. Bon Voyage !!!
Old 02-28-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
Forget masks, unless you are already sick, and...wash your hands...wash your hands...wash your hands. That is the #1 thing you can do to protect yourself short of avoiding all human contact.

Tim
I guess that is what all the hazmat suits are for
Old 02-28-2020, 02:27 PM

20 pages of a thread about the flu?
Old 02-28-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aingeru View Post
20 pages of a thread about the flu?
You think this is to much? Give it a week or more..
Old 02-28-2020, 02:36 PM

And here my family and I just cancelled a cruise, my mom’s older and was worried. Keep us posted, good luck! Would have been my first cruise so kinda bummed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniecakes View Post
My wife and I are leaving for a week long cruise out of Baltimore harbor Sunday morning. Got word that there will increased screening before boarding the ship and if you suspected of being infected you will not be allowed to board. Also if you have been to China, Hong Kong,and a few other places in the past month you will not allowed on board. The Dominican republic did not allow a cruise ship to dock on Thursday, We are heading to the Bahamas, so far no restrictions but that could change at any time. Bon Voyage !!!
Old 02-28-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniecakes View Post
interesting and maybe bold
Old 02-28-2020, 02:46 PM

I wonder what the screening will comprise?
Old 02-28-2020, 03:25 PM

I would have to be paid handsomely before I ever get on a cruise ship......this before covid 19.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap View Post
i would have to be paid handsomely before i ever get on a cruise ship......this before covid 19.
Absolutely.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:37 PM

A report from the local news that there are 3 pending cases near my area. As a result, all local stores are out of hand sanitizers.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:40 PM
Pack fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
I wonder what the screening will comprise?
I give you an update in a week and half when I get back.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:42 PM
Pack fill

Quote:
I would have to be paid handsomely before I ever get on a cruise ship......this before covid 19.
Driving and drivers are what I think about, not going on a boat ride with lots of food.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I had a great time on cruises to Mexico, but that was a very long time ago when the ships were much smaller, and I, much younger
Old 02-28-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Agreed. For decades my position on cruises has been "floating prison". Ahead of my/our time apparently.
Closed Thread