Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 09:20 AM
Registered (ab)User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmelito View Post
Have any members on this forum observed any effects to/in their performance / fitness after getting the vaccine?
For ~24-48 hours after our 2nd dose the missus and I felt like we had not only no ability, but no desire, to go fast on the bike. But A) both our doctors and my wife's cycling coach had warned us not to even attempt to go fast on the bike for a couple days after receiving the vaccine anyway, and B) by Day Three that feeling had worn off and we were back to being our normal badass selves.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:27 AM

JNJ shot a few weeks back - light fever the first night and 4 days of not feeling 100%
Old 05-05-2021, 09:34 AM

My 5G reception consistently has one more bar after getting the second shot, not sure why though.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:41 AM

Moderna, first dose caused a little fatigue that evening but nothing else. Second dose, 24 hours later I felt pretty bad and went home from work at lunch. I took a three hour nap and felt much better. The next morning (48 hours after the shot), I felt the better than I had in months and had a great ride that afternoon.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:43 AM

And to add, I work in manufacturing and we have RFID tags in all our components. To check products we pass them through a portal to verify they are correct by reading the tags. I have walked through the portal many times with no reading, I feel ripped off.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:44 AM

Pfizer:

1st: sore shoulder, otherwise nothing.

2nd: the evening of the shot, I got chills and fever. The next day I was wiped out/stayed in bed all day. 3rd day, getting better, still very tired. Better and better, though I've had a persistent medium headache.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:46 AM

Pfizer: 1; slightly sore shoulder 2; slightly sore shoulder
Old 05-05-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripvanrando View Post
I disagree completely with your statement that there has never been a drug or vaccine tested so completely prior to approval.
I can't know your career experience, nor can you know mine. Name another vax or drug that's been FDA tested on tens of millions in PhIII or earlier trials? I know of none.

Quote:
The main problem is CDC using anecdotes and scaring the crap out of the public.
#1-The CDC is not the FDA. Please, let's not intertwine testing/efficacy/safety (FDA) with messaging/rollout/distribution (CDC).

Quote:
The second problem was not immediately and exclusively vaccinating those most at risk, the elderly with pre-existing conditions.
#2-The elderly and most at risk were most definitely given earlier access than others.

Quote:
Those under the age of 50 w/o pre-existing conditions have almost zero risk of dying.
#3-Certainly, one objective of the vaccine is to prevent death. By no stretch of the imagination is that the primary objective. There's MANY ill effects, well documented, short of death. Yet, many remain unknown. Many viruses reappear later in life with other, more significant effects. HPV->cancer, Hepatitis->liver failure, Chicken Pox->shingles, HIV->AIDS, and more.

While there's little probability that the young (or any of us) may die (today), avoidance of death is not the primary rationale for most vaccines. There's a litany of other ill effects that vaccine will guard against, including transmission to others. It's well understood that young are vectors of transmission. Until they are vaccinated, it will continue to transmit and mutate.

Anything we can do (safely and effectively) to avoid transmission to ourselves and others, is a no-brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
There's nothing wrong with discussing anecdotal experiences as long as they don't veer into misinformation & steering people away from getting vaccinated.
Fully agree as long as people understand the difference between anecdotal example and statistically proven data. It's my view that many do not.

I know of several locally who refuse vaccine after a local woman died of a stroke two weeks after her vaccine. In their minds, there's a correlation despite lack of proof. Emotional response vs informed response.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:10 AM

The problem with "informed response" is most of the people who have fallen prey to the misinformation react viscerally from the approach you took here.

The people spreading the misinformation understand how to reach these people, the medical community completely doesn't understand how to communicate... the lecturing about "you don't understand" and "we're smarter than you don't ask questions or argue and don't discuss your experience" just sends them running back to the misinformation people.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:15 AM

https://www.openvaers.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2021, 10:19 AM

After my first shot, I felt fatigued for the next day or two, and had a sore arm, but nothing bad.

I got my second shot yesterday morning. I went for a bike ride in the evening, and felt pretty sluggish, but so far I feel good this morning. Arm sore, but less sore than shot 1.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
The problem with "informed response" is most of the people who have fallen prey to the misinformation react viscerally from the approach you took here.

The people spreading the misinformation understand how to reach these people, the medical community completely doesn't understand how to communicate... the lecturing about "you don't understand" and "we're smarter than you don't ask questions or argue and don't discuss your experience" just sends them running back to the misinformation people.
Calling their reaction "visceral" is WAAYYYY too kind - more like they are absurdly sensitive to verifiable facts and information that challenges their own internal preconceived notions. They'd rather be "right" than correct.

Just internally hollow or damaged idiots who now have unregulated forms of communication to spread their misery like the virus they claim was either false, not very dangerous, a plot by small-eyed people for world domination, or a conspiracy meant to dethrone.

As to the OP's question, my entire immediate family got second dose of Pfizer and worse side effect was fatigue, loss of taste and smell for ~48 hours then wore off and that was from the oldest recipient. From the six other people I know who had Moderna second shot side effects the worst was a few days with similar mild cold of flu symptoms. No one I directly know has had side effects longer than four days, major or minor.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:26 AM

Got the Janssen/J&J shot this past Friday (4/30) afternoon.

Felt fine all evening, but Saturday felt like I had the flu. Muscle/joint aches, weak, dizzy if I spent too much time on my feet. Took some extra strength Tylenol at lunch and that got me back to maybe 80%. Felt a little better late Saturday evening. Sunday back to normal. Mild arm soreness in area of the shot for a couple days, but it's gone now.

I wasn't sure what to expect, and it actually worked out better than I thought. Was prepared for 48 hours of side-effects. Have not gone for a ride since getting vaccinated, so no news to report on that front.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:28 AM

Any observed effects from the vaccine?

Moderna closes its short term trials in 2022 and Pfizer closes its short term trials in 2023. This is a new technology developed by DARPA and does not make any specific claims other than it may cause you to be less symptomatic.

To act as if people are crazy or misinformed is a bit of a stretch. I would argue those blindly participating in the largest human trials in world history without any animal studies prior is more crazy given there are known tested drugs that are cheap and readily available like Budesonide and Ivermectin. Both of which are cheap and effective FDA approved medications. 94% of listed Covid deaths had an average of 2.4 co morbidities which is often overlooked. That is a very significant data point given that those people had a multitude of deadly health issues.

50 and under have an over 99% survival rate before the use of the two drugs I listed and if you are older without co morbidities you have an over 99% survival rate as well. I realize this isn’t popular opinion, but this is the data.
95% of people who get it have lasting antibodies according to the NIH data as well.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...overy-covid-19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Hilltopperny; 05-05-2021 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:36 AM

Any observed effects from the vaccine?

Pfizer, age 49

1st shot: no reaction

2nd shot: felt sickly for 2 days. Nanobots are working fine now. 5G direct line from Bill Gates is fully operational. I have been assimilated.
Closed Thread