Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 08:19 AM

Moderna.

Other than a bit of fatigue for about 36 hours & feeling thirsty the next day, nothing.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
I'm curious if anyone else (or how many) of you were given the QR code to V-Safe in order to document and feed the CDC any side-effect info for a few days after?
I did the vsafe thing.

I had moderna. 1st shot just a sore arm, but tired. 2 days later went on the bike and felt fine.

2nd shot, wow. I had 103 fever, chills, fatigue, body aches, pretty much every side effect. It went past the 36 hours even though the fever seemed to be mostly gone by then. I had it on a Sunday and I think by Friday I was feeling back to normal. I’m also diabetic and was having a hard time with blood sugars throughout this. I’m happy to have been able to get it when I did.

Pfizer
Shot 1: sore arm
Shot 2: nothing at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloduffer View Post
After I received my 2nd J&J shot, I had some chills late that night and aches & tired the following day. Just took a few naps. Two days later I was fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2nd J&J ? are you part of a clinical trial ? J&J is one and done.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:39 AM

About 5 days after receiving Moderna, I developed significant vertigo when ascending/descending stairs, and while walking. It was a trip. These symptoms lasted about a week. I was able to continue riding, and without any additional fatigue. Second dose of Moderna in a week.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmelito View Post

Have any members on this forum observed any effects to/in their performance / fitness after getting the vaccine?
Pfizer, both shots. ZERO impact. Never felt a thing, including the injection.

Sig Other had Covid and is a long hauler. She got Moderna and didn't feel well for about a week after shot #2. It's typical that those who had Covid have more negative side effects. BUT...now a couple weeks past, she says her long haul symptoms are diminishing quickly. She's no longer taking mid-day naps. This is also reported to be common.

I work in pharma/biotech. All the experiences in this post are anecdotal and don't meet the rigor of statistical analysis. The issue we're facing as a country, is that people are using emotions and anecdotal evidence to make decisions that should be based on scientific research and analysis. It's human nature and becomes self-affirming, rather than scientifically accurate.
It's healthy to be skeptical and cautious. The US FDA is the gold standard. I would not take Sputnik or China vaccine, though they seem to work too.

There's never been a vaccine (or drug) that's been tested this completely prior to FDA approval. Nothing is 100%, but this gets as close as anything can reasonably get. Anecdotal experiences will not predict how your system will react so please consider my results with this in mind.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdntrxi View Post
2nd J&J ? are you part of a clinical trial ? J&J is one and done.
Oh, I meant Pfizer!!!
Old 05-05-2021, 08:51 AM

Pfizer for me--mild reaction (tiredness, sore arm etc) from the first. Second shot was like having the flu--including real rolling soreness on the various parts of my body that have been damaged over the years (separated shoulder, the area where I broke my leg and wrist etc) and some calf cramping. It all cleared up within a day or so...

They have been saying that for some people who have a serious reaction, it is likely because they have had COVID and weren't aware--people who were infected should be expecting a real reaction to the vaccine.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermo View Post

Sig Other had Covid and is a long hauler. She got Moderna and didn't feel well for about a week after shot #2. It's typical that those who had Covid have more negative side effects. BUT...now a couple weeks past, she says her long haul symptoms are diminishing quickly. She's no longer taking mid-day naps. This is also reported to be common.

I work in pharma/biotech. All the experiences in this post are anecdotal and don't meet the rigor of statistical analysis. The issue we're facing as a country, is that people are using emotions and anecdotal evidence to make decisions that should be based on scientific research and analysis. It's human nature and becomes self-affirming, rather than scientifically accurate.
It's healthy to be skeptical and cautious. The US FDA is the gold standard. I would not take Sputnik or China vaccine, though they seem to work too.

There's never been a vaccine (or drug) that's been tested this completely prior to FDA approval. Nothing is 100%, but this gets as close as anything can reasonably get. Anecdotal experiences will not predict how your system will react so please consider my results with this in mind.
I spent an entire career there, too. I doubt you have seen as much testing and clinical data as I have. I disagree completely with your statement that there has never been a drug or vaccine tested so completely prior to approval. I took the vaccine. No side effects at all although my FTP increased 20 watts.

The main problem is CDC using anecdotes and scaring the crap out of the public. The second problem was not immediately and exclusively vaccinating those most at risk, the elderly with pre-existing conditions. Those under the age of 50 w/o pre-existing conditions have almost zero risk of dying.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermo View Post

There's nothing wrong with discussing anecdotal experiences as long as they don't veer into misinformation & steering people away from getting vaccinated.

Each person is 100% accurate in terms of reporting their own symptoms after the fact. No one in the thread has tried to predict anyone else's symptoms.

Biotech/Pharma/Doctors etc.. have continued to be incredibly tone deaf in talking to regular people throughout this whole thing and continue to shoot themselves in the foot with the kind of people who are skeptical.

It's all a spock-like lack of emotion/empathy and constant appeal to authority that comes of as arrogance to the people who need to be reached and don't respond to the whole "I'm smarter than you do what I say and shut up" approach.

I am not so sure PCPs and regular doctors have been the problem but people in research sure don't get it.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:03 AM

Moderna

1st—mild shoulder soreness
2nd—went almost 24 hr without issues and thought I got off easy. Then had an afternoon of mild chills and fatigue which were gone next day.

Wife had no difficulty.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediemracing View Post
I got the QR code. I didn't answer the first couple days of surveys because I didn't realize it was a daily thing. When I realized it was daily, and it was how CDC was gathering data on after effects, I answered all of them basically as soon as I got the text message.

I was at a huge place, drive thru, staffed by National Guard (Rentschler Field in East Hartford, CT).
Yep seems the FEMA sites are handing out the data request.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:04 AM

1st Moderna shot resulted in a sore arm and some nausea with nasty GI issues a couple days later.

2nd Moderna shot resulted in milder GI issues and nausea. My arm was noticeably less sore after this dose.

I'm glad I completed the vaccination schedule.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb_frk View Post
I did the vsafe thing.

I had moderna. 1st shot just a sore arm, but tired. 2 days later went on the bike and felt fine.

2nd shot, wow. I had 103 fever, chills, fatigue, body aches, pretty much every side effect. It went past the 36 hours even though the fever seemed to be mostly gone by then. I had it on a Sunday and I think by Friday I was feeling back to normal. I’m also diabetic and was having a hard time with blood sugars throughout this. I’m happy to have been able to get it when I did.
Curious

Private facility or a FEMA site?
Old 05-05-2021, 09:15 AM

received Pfizer...

1st injection, felt some fatigue the following day. but, that could have been attributed to the somewhat immoderate amount of tequila consumed that evening.

2nd dose, nada.
Closed Thread