Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattvagen View Post
This kind of thing is also got to stop. Why at this point in the pandemic is anything related to Covid or vaccinations "confidential".

People who dont want to get vax'd dont trust the government or big pharma to just be doing the right thing. We should strive for total transparency, no secrets anymore.

I'm all vax'd up myself, but asking people to trust that the government is doing the "right" thing, on a bipartisan level, but it's a secret is pretty tough pill to swallow.
I get where you're coming from, and maybe I shouldn't have posted anything. It's confidential because I work for a business that intimately involved with this and there are things we do as a business and contracts we sign with other entities that require me to be confidential. There were some posts in this thread that I know to be 10000% false based on direct, first hand knowledge. I can't reveal specifics, but these vaccines HAVE been tested on animals. It's been decided by BOTH administrations that it's important to have a domestic supply of research animals, not dependent on other countries.

Take as an example the paralysis of US auto industry because there's no domestic chip makers. Biotech/pharma also halts when there's no domestic supply of research animals. In a situation like Covid, this puts our citizens and economy at risk, as we've seen.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Sorry for your loss but those anti-vaxxers, for whatever reason, are incredibly selfish, IMHO.

They suck.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Sorry for your loss but those anti-vaxxers, for whatever reason, are incredibly selfish, IMHO.
I don't intend to tell my parents that I got the vaccine. They follow a health "guru" who claims that the vaccine is much more dangerous than the virus itself, and that those who get the vaccine will "shed" and infect others. I visit them regularly and don't want them to ban me from their house.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:16 PM

Moderna for me on April 7 @ Kaiser in CA, second shot May 5 @ Walgreens in Phoenix. 2 days now and just a little bit of tiredness yesterday as well as feeling funky after a giant whiff of cologne a co worker was wearing. Weird. It may have nothing to do with the vaccine as it was 100º here so feeling funky after working outside can be common IME.
Only issue was getting the 2nd shot in a different place. Not a seamless transition but got it done.
Most of my family have had both shots except for small children and the ones in their mid 80's are well. Condolences to those who have lost a loved one.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:31 PM

Here's a relevant question I know a few local clubs are chewing on right now:

How do you feel about club events, group rides, etc that will ask that only folks who are fully vax'd can participate?

personally i have no problem with that, and would make everyone feel a little more comfortable at rest stops, lunch, feed zones, etc.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:53 PM
DELETE ACCNT

have a good weekend everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg vav.jpeg (135.2 KB, 184 views)
Old 05-07-2021, 08:09 PM

I work heavily with wonderful Indian colleagues. They are in total lock down and would do just about anything to roll up their sleeves. Young people, and they are 100% scared. Don't want it - send it over to my friends.
Old 05-08-2021, 03:36 AM

Any observed effects from the vaccine?

Wow! Just wow! The rhetoric on here is disturbing to say the least. To each their own and stop pretending there are not suitable medications nor a very low risk for most as in 99% of folks!

Get over yourselves as if you believe in this NEW shot them your protected right? So why are you all so insistent on others who have weighed the risk and made a different choice than you?

Telling a free society that they have to conform to make you comfortable is ridiculous in my opinion. The pharmacological approach to medicine is still in its infancy while the immune system has kept all of us going for many thousands of years. Just because you view things the way you do gives you zero right to force your views on others and that is that. There are plenty of medical doctors and qualified scientists who are against all of this, but have been censored by big tech, media and government, so until the conversations can be had amongst those folks then mind your own business and do what you feel is right! Shouldn’t be that complicated unless you believe you are somehow superior to other human beings.

I view this push on healthy people as nothing more than a mass marketing campaign. Pathetic to try and restrict healthy people from living their lives because they don’t want an experimental shot...

The shot may be helpful and it may not be. I know many who have had Covid and recovered. My brothers best friends mother died within 24 hours of the shot. She had already survived Covid. Anecdotal or sure, but it happens and I know of at least two folks with long haul effects from the shot who were perfectly healthy prior, so the risk is up to the individual...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2021, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandbarb1 View Post
I work heavily with wonderful Indian colleagues. They are in total lock down and would do just about anything to roll up their sleeves. Young people, and they are 100% scared. Don't want it - send it over to my friends.
I have a friend in Brazil, and they're not doing mucb better.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:05 AM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
The shot may be helpful and it may not be.
Ahem - as they say, you're entitled to your own beliefs, but no your own facts.

For the record, math and science have shown that the vaccines work, and not only that, they work very well.

Regarding beliefs, I don't think that Big Pharma is out to get me, or change my DNA, nor do I believe that Bill Gates is implanting chips in my arm, even though I do enjoy watching the X-Files on TV.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
I view this push on healthy people as nothing more than a mass marketing campaign. Pathetic to try and restrict healthy people from living their lives because they don’t want an experimental shot...
Couldn't agree more.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:33 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:

How do you feel about club events, group rides, etc that will ask that only folks who are fully vax'd can participate?

personally i have no problem with that, and would make everyone feel a little more comfortable at rest stops, lunch, feed zones, etc.
Great idea and if somebody winches at that, they can ride alone.
Quote:
Pathetic to try and restrict healthy people from living their lives because they don’t want an experimental shot.
Fair enough and YOU can do anything you wish, anything BUT that 'right' to do anything you wish STOPS at the door that says, 'you cannot harm others'.

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 05-08-2021 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:12 AM

In my case I had the same mild symptoms others reported after the moderna vaccine. I received a shingles vaccine 2 weeks later that was considerably more painful. 1 month out my fitness seems to be higher than pre-covid. I know seat of the pants feeling and all that...
the generation before mine dealt with polio. Vaccine made it almost forgotten.
we get vaccinated not only for ourselves but for the good of all, most importantly our youth
The Mayo clinic and John Hopkins have put together some great information on the vaccine and vaccines in general.
Believe what you want
Old 05-08-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Great idea and if somebody winches at that, they can ride alone.

Fair enough and YOU can do anything you wish, anything BUT that 'right' to do anything you wish STOPS at the door that says, 'you cannot harm others'.
What about the high risks groups that have been harming themselves? Maybe the 80% of the deaths caused by self inflicted diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure should be used to promote a healthy lifestyle. Maybe we need a passport for our food we buy. Concerned citizens questioning a new type of never before administered pharmaceutical are being chastised, but we look the other way at a 400 lbs person in an electric scooter at the grocery store loaded up on garbage food, with their overweight kid in tow.

Last edited by Mikej; 05-08-2021 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:

Mixed feelings about this.

Many businesses will fill the void in the absence of any government mandate. That is their prerogative, although certainly we can expect a slew of privacy-based lawsuits.

OTH, I like science. Science (facts) say that the virus is MUCH harder to transmit outdoors.

I still know many people that won’t leave their house without a hazmat suit. That’s not science, that’s neurosis. I still see people driving cars with masks on and no passengers. A particular Bay Area political statement is cycling with a mask on and no helmet. I used to see a lot of that. Again, not science.

Conversely, you go into an indoor arena without a mask, that’s not science. It’s politics. Or ignorance.

*Also, this has blossomed into a full-blown COVID thread, almost assuredly to no ones surprise. Both you and I said we weren’t going to respond to any more COVID threads. But, we’re entitled to a little hypocrisy. We’ll go on a bike ride and burn it off 😉
Closed Thread