Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 06:47 AM
Building a Time

Any observed effects from the vaccine?

Not sure about the forum rules with regards to this topic, and i didn't see any recent threads on the subject so forgive me if this has already been discussed, deleted etc.. Also, not interested in the politics of it in the least.

Have any members on this forum observed any effects to/in their performance / fitness after getting the vaccine?

Trying to be as informed as we can be.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:51 AM

There's a gigantic thread on this over on the TrainerRoad forum, linked here:
https://www.trainerroad.com/forum/t/...training/49055

Really depends on how you react, but there are a wide variety of impacts. If you have a more severe reaction, you might be down for a week or two, but that should be it.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:52 AM

I got the Moderna vaccine. I had no response at all to the first shot, but like a lot of people I had some symptoms in a roughly 18-36 hour window after the second shot. The symptoms are actually a good.sign. They mean that your body recognizes the vaccine and is building defenses, which will enable you to better fight the virus if you catch it. No long term effects of any sort.

Last edited by reuben; 05-05-2021 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:00 AM

mRNA vaccine

My left deltoid was a little sore after the booster. One of the other radiologist had some mild flu like symptoms after his booster. My wife felt tired and run down after her booster.

I bike in the morning before work (most mornings). I noticed no difference in speed or strength. My knees were a little achy (I have some cartilage loss).
Old 05-05-2021, 07:05 AM

moderna. after #1 had mild shoulder soreness for a day or so. after #2 felt like i had a mild hangover the next day.

my friends also got moderna and were wiped out with serious flu-like symptoms after #2.

ymmv.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:09 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmelito View Post
Not sure about the forum rules with regards to this topic, and i didn't see any recent threads on the subject so forgive me if this has already been discussed, deleted etc.. Also, not interested in the politics of it in the least.

Have any members on this forum observed any effects to/in their performance / fitness after getting the vaccine?

Trying to be as informed as we can be.
Had Moderna, second Feb 20th..sore arm and felt a little achy after the second, nothing after the first..24 hours later, normal, normal.

Same for wife, both sons, daughter-in-law....both Pfizer and Moderna.

No politics but that light at the end of the tunnel is certainly getting brighter...

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 05-05-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:09 AM

I had general body ache after the second Pfizer shot. I was fine for the first 24 hours after the shot, then started feeling achy until I went to bed roughly 36 hours after shot. Felt mildly better in the morning, and improved throughout the day. Wife got same shot and no ill side-effects for second shot other than a sore arm.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:10 AM

J&j

Had the J&J shot in late March.

24-hours after the shot i felt tired and wiped out, went to bed early that night and was a little off the following day (but it was a 35 degree rainy day so the whole house was huddled under blankets all day watching movies). No issues since then.

All in all, minor, no issues and i'd take that minor tiredness any day. Back to a much more normal life now that all our friends are vaccinated and cant wait for my 12 year old to be able to get a shot soon.

No issues on my workouts at all, never felt weak or had any issues from the shot.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:10 AM

Pfizer

Zero sides.

More people out and about for sure.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:14 AM
Everything is connected

Moderna...1st shot on a Friday, chills and a sore arm all night, woke up on Saturday morning with no issues and went on a ride. 2nd shot on a Friday, sore arm, went on a ride Sunday morning and came home...super tired. Laid on the couch and went to bed at 8pm. Woke up on Monday morning, no issues other than a sore arm for another day or two. It seems like the reactions are all over the place.

PS you might want to go to the advanced settings and edit your thread with an OT.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:19 AM

The whole point of the vaccine is to kick start your immune system and train it to recognize the real virus should you contract it. People's immune systems do tend to vary so reactions will also follow suit. You may feel a bit sick for a while as your body gears up to fight future invader. I only had a sore arm from the Pfizer shots.

Tim
Old 05-05-2021, 07:28 AM

Moderna here and same as most others described: #1 nothing; tired, fever and headache after 2nd shot. Back to normal after a day.
BUT, my mom developed a Covid toe weeks after her vaccination with BionTech (Pfizer). Very painful, can't even put on a shoe.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:28 AM

I had the first Moderna shot two weeks ago. Later in the day, I felt very lethargic (I had to go to bed unusually early) and my arm was so sore that I could barely raise it. Two days later, I went to the gym, and couldn't do a single squat with my warm-up weight. A little later, I went for a ride, and my legs were dead and had no snap. Four days after the shot, I was feeling like myself again.

I have my second shot scheduled in two weeks, and I'm expecting that the side effects will be even worse.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:32 AM

Moderna here. Slightly sore arm after first shot, a little more sore after 2nd for a couple days. That's all.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:34 AM

I'm curious if anyone else (or how many) of you were given the QR code to V-Safe in order to document and feed the CDC any side-effect info for a few days after?

I have only met one other person. FWIW I got my shot at one of the Fed sites in Chicago staffed by the Nat. Guard and FEMA vs a private health facility.

I thought it good data to track and was curious to see that others were not doing the same.
Closed Thread