Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 11-16-2017, 12:05 PM
ultraman6970 ultraman6970 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 18,660
Is not easy to send to south america, because to many countries there you have sizing restriction, so you have to find a currier at an airport to send a frame or a bike, even wheels, and that will hike the price to the roof. That's the reason a guy in S/A with a frame as the ones they are selling is really rare. Treks and spech are all over the place obviously because they have a good distributors chain but even they have to send the stuff in containers to make it cost efficient.

Have a friend in europe that sold 2 bikes to south america and he was having nightmares because the bikes showed up like 3 months after. Buyer was not too happy but he knew what was going on.

Never had any problems with Japan, any other place in asia is to be worried about.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-17-2017, 10:50 AM
srcarter srcarter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Piedmont, California
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Seriously. In size XL no less.

2012 Scale Premium - full XTR and bling everything, but 26er and triple - for $1195
2012 Spark SL - full XX and carbon hoops, but 26er - for $1995
2013 Scale 900 RC - full XX/XTR - for $1695
2012 Scale 29 RC - frame w WCS post - for $495

All three of those are a ton of bike for the money, some more behind the curve than others..
I decided to buy the 2012 Scale Premium - thinking it was quite a deal. Too good to be true, alas. Ordered early in the week, and got an email today that they couldn't find the bike in the warehouse.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-17-2017, 10:55 AM
fiamme red's Avatar
fiamme red fiamme red is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: America's biggest shopping mall
Posts: 9,531
I've found out that the R&A website doesn't always match what they have in stock. Better to call and ask.
__________________
It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that certain je ne sais quoi.
--Peter Schickele
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-17-2017, 11:02 AM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcarter View Post
I decided to buy the 2012 Scale Premium - thinking it was quite a deal. Too good to be true, alas. Ordered early in the week, and got an email today that they couldn't find the bike in the warehouse.
I've been humming and hawing about the 2015 Scale 710 and the 2012 Scale RC 29er frame...but ultimately, I'd be buying it just because it's cheap and fast...and I'm more interested in titanium and steel at this point...

Almost pulled the trigger on the 2013 BMW SLR01 World Champ frameset in 61cm also, but just couldn't square the geometry and need to go electronic on it.

Some good deals just need to be passed by
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-18-2017, 12:33 AM
nmrt nmrt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 659
yup, i wanted to buy it too. but i ordered the orbea orca instead. i actually called and they said it was in stock and because i had already paid, they would ship it to me. two days later they told me they could not find my bike in the warehouse.

good thing that i did not order the scott spark premium. i would have been in for a double disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcarter View Post
I decided to buy the 2012 Scale Premium - thinking it was quite a deal. Too good to be true, alas. Ordered early in the week, and got an email today that they couldn't find the bike in the warehouse.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-18-2017, 07:54 AM
paredown's Avatar
paredown paredown is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York Hudson Valley
Posts: 1,919
Looks like they put the prices back up--must have reached the number they had in mind, & don't care if they sell the rest.

The Extreme C that I was looking at has jumped back up from ~$1700 to ~$2700--good luck with that....
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-18-2017, 07:58 AM
ultraman6970 ultraman6970 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 18,660
Well if the sale did not go too well then as you say... good luck with the new prices.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-18-2017, 08:10 AM
SoCalSteve SoCalSteve is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Posts: 8,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by paredown View Post
Looks like they put the prices back up--must have reached the number they had in mind, & don't care if they sell the rest.

The Extreme C that I was looking at has jumped back up from ~$1700 to ~$2700--good luck with that....
A 2013 Look 695 in xxl that I was vaguely toying with the idea of buying ( in the Mondrian paint scheme ) went from $1999.00 to $2999.00 overnight.

What kind of a sale is that??? I’m no whiz in economics, but if something that is 4 years old doesn’t sell for x price, why would you mark it up to xx price? Isn’t the point to sell off old merchandise?

This makes no sense to me!!!

Thoughts?
__________________
Livin' the dream!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-18-2017, 08:15 AM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
A 2013 Look 695 in xxl that I was vaguely toying with the idea of buying ( in the Mondrian paint scheme ) went from $1999.00 to $2999.00 overnight.



What kind of a sale is that??? I’m no whiz in economics, but if something that is 4 years old doesn’t sell for x price, why would you mark it up to xx price? Isn’t the point to sell off old merchandise?



This makes no sense to me!!!



Thoughts?

Enron accounting?
__________________
Hampsten(s) | Kirk Cross | Pegoretti Marcelo | Method
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-18-2017, 08:32 AM
ultraman6970 ultraman6970 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 18,660
A sale like this would have emptied CC warehouse in a couple of days (well they would have lower prices even more tho), so the problem might be in the shop??
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:16 AM
RobJ RobJ is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_mutt View Post
so true. I hesitated on the black/carbon because of the color. I can't find an XR2/3/4 anywhere that's not 5 billion dollars!


Not sure what size you need...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EX-PRO-BIAN...8AAOSw7gxZilrv


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Colnagos|Merckx|Hampsten|Tonic Fab|Tommasini|Torelli
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 02-06-2018, 12:57 AM
cadence90's Avatar
cadence90 cadence90 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
FWIW, I can vouch for that seller. I corresponded a lot with him before I bought the Colnago E-P he was selling. The communication, fair pricing, packing, and UK to US shipping were all top-notch.
.
__________________
Colnago
Kish
Moots
Pegoretti
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.