Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2024, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm714 View Post
I the new Wildpeak AT4W’s from Falken in a 285/75/16
Awaiting some reviews on these. The AT3W is probably my favorite all rounder truck tire of all time. Nice and quiet on the pavement, but aggressive enough to get through some serious terrain, all while holding up very well wear wise. Hopefully the new ones are even better.

Can I ask where you found that sweet looking ride and price range you snagged it for? The market continues to be bonkers IMO.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:10 PM

Mid 20’s in socal. It was less than 30 miles from me. I wanted one with less miles, but in the time I was searching nothing popped up that didn’t have rust issues. People on the east coast and the Midwest clammed up with I asked for underside pics of ones with less miles. The west coast ones were all in a similar price range. I’m going to keep searching for a lower mileage one. Maybe one will pop up now that I have more time. My wife drives a 2018 Lexus GX460 with 50K on it. I told my two sons they can decide which one they want in due time. And they both said forget the GX the 80 is the one I want. So I might have to pick up another one.

I had a 97 that I sold for $13,500 in 2009 with 85K on it. I kicked myself for 15 years letting it go. I took that truck up and down the state chasing fish and it never failed to get me to more secluded spots. And that is what I plan for this one.
Old 02-11-2024, 02:06 AM
Boeuf Chaîne

Last time I checked there was an '89 Montero LS for sale on the ADV forum. $9k. 172k miles 5sp V6
Old 02-11-2024, 07:52 AM

Trying to leverage this thread for our desert vehicle we are shopping for but thus far unsuccessful with the SO.

I started with a Montero I found in Vegas for a song and yesterday tried the gx470 even pointing out a stellar example on the street. She knows what a v8 is and hears $ for gas….hard stop.

Keep em coming fun to look at!

More likely my future is an outback with some modifications…

Last edited by Likes2ridefar; 02-11-2024 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2024, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
She knows what a v8 is and hears $ for gas….hard stop.
Not like anything with a V6 is substantially better in this category.

Run the math out on fuel cost - likely a wash to a few hundred $ per year difference. It doesnt seem worth it.
Old 02-11-2024, 09:12 AM

Owned one back in the day, 1981 model. Fun car.

Started looking for a new car for my son. Thinking modern day Cruiser would be fun. Wow, being in the insurance business, understand the times, but was a bit surprised how well even high mileage LC are are keeping their value.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2ridefar View Post
Trying to leverage this thread for our desert vehicle we are shopping for but thus far unsuccessful with the SO.

I started with a Montero I found in Vegas for a song and yesterday tried the gx470 even pointing out a stellar example on the street. She knows what a v8 is and hears $ for gas….hard stop.

Keep em coming fun to look at!

More likely my future is an outback with some modifications…
Early model year GX470’s burn regular unleaded. I think in the third year they went to premium.
Old 02-11-2024, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Awaiting some reviews on these. The AT3W is probably my favorite all rounder truck tire of all time. Nice and quiet on the pavement, but aggressive enough to get through some serious terrain, all while holding up very well wear wise. Hopefully the new ones are even better.

Can I ask where you found that sweet looking ride and price range you snagged it for? The market continues to be bonkers IMO.

Can't agree any more! Have them on my FJ and will be looking to replace them soon.

On another note, I went to see the Tesla Cybertruck in King of Prussia before going out to dinner. Future? Maybe so, but not in my future at a starting price of 100K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Attach0 3.jpg (79.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Attach0 2.jpg (91.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Attach0.jpg (90.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 02-11-2024, 02:48 PM

What? No photos of the massive storage aka truck bed?

I had the AT3W on my 200; good tires and are good performers in the snow (unlike many A/T tires). Only complaint I can think of is I had three punctures. Never had punctures from the prior set up Geolandar GO15 or current Conti Terrain Contact A/T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteVelo View Post

Can't agree any more! Have them on my FJ and will be looking to replace them soon.

On another note, I went to see the Tesla Cybertruck in King of Prussia before going out to dinner. Future? Maybe so, but not in my future at a starting price of 100K
Old 02-11-2024, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo1 View Post
What? No photos of the massive storage aka truck bed?

I had the AT3W on my 200; good tires and are good performers in the snow (unlike many A/T tires). Only complaint I can think of is I had three punctures. Never had punctures from the prior set up Geolandar GO15 or current Conti Terrain Contact A/T.
Too funny....they wouldn't even let us get remotely close to it or retract the truck bed. Disappointed to say the least.