Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robt57 View Post
Makes you wanna just do a clear coat a little..

Remember the tinted clear Kestrel sexy weaviness in the day...
That's where I'm leaning on my build, when I get to that stage. When I asked about it, I was told that plenty of people do a clear finish but that there's not a whole lot of weave in the finished product. That and Pursuit is known for their outstanding paint jobs. So many options!
Old 06-28-2022, 10:02 AM

Getting closer! This was just put up on Pursuit's Facebook page, plus Carl sent me the image as well.

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg build up.jpg (91.3 KB, 337 views)

Last edited by mcteague; 06-28-2022 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:04 AM

Looks slick, Tim! Exciting.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Good looking frame!
Old 06-28-2022, 11:19 AM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXLeader View Post
That's where I'm leaning on my build, when I get to that stage. When I asked about it, I was told that plenty of people do a clear finish but that there's not a whole lot of weave in the finished product. That and Pursuit is known for their outstanding paint jobs. So many options!
Yeah, the old 3k cover cosmetic weave is passe pretty much. You can still get it on carbon rims. But UD on rims is my preferred....

I still love it, and my nude Look 585 [just sold] was IMO stunning to look at. But the EP in WX02 that bumped it outta the stable I will just have to suffer along with...

Hard not to drool really... passe or not.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:22 AM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Good looking frame!
Yeah it is!
Old 07-06-2022, 01:44 PM

First ride on the new Pursuit! I was a bit worried as I didn't know if the bike would really ride any better than my 622 SLX. Carl left the steerer uncut so I am still going to play around with bar drop but today's ride was great (except for the unbearable humidity). It's a nice mix of stability and playfulness. The biggest surprise was that it takes a noticeable edge off the rough stuff and the 622 SLX was no slouch in that department. Very stiff out of the saddle though.

As for the parts; the SRAM hoods feel great on my large hands. Shifting was easy and faultless. I took time at the start of the ride to bed in the brakes. The rear did start to rub a tiny bit so I realigned when home and all was well. As Carl did not have my wheels I really should have done that prior to heading out. The DT Swiss EXP hubs are LOUD! Almost as bad as King. Maybe a bit more grease is needed there.

Can't wait for the next ride!

Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First ride shot.jpg (147.1 KB, 261 views)
Old 07-06-2022, 01:57 PM

I have been following this thread with eagerness. Once you get more saddle please compare in a bit more detail the ride diferences between the 622 SLX (one of the most comfortable/smoothest bike, IMO) and the Pursuit.

Also, what kind of riding parameters/goals did you provide to Carl when the Pursuit was being designed?

Enjoy the bike. It looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post
First ride on the new Pursuit! I was a bit worried as I didn't know if the bike would really ride any better than my 622 SLX. Carl left the steerer uncut so I am still going to play around with bar drop but today's ride was great (except for the unbearable humidity). It's a nice mix of stability and playfulness. The biggest surprise was that it takes a noticeable edge off the rough stuff and the 622 SLX was no slouch in that department. Very stiff out of the saddle though.

As for the parts; the SRAM hoods feel great on my large hands. Shifting was easy and faultless. I took time at the start of the ride to bed in the brakes. The rear did start to rub a tiny bit so I realigned when home and all was well. As Carl did not have my wheels I really should have done that prior to heading out. The DT Swiss EXP hubs are LOUD! Almost as bad as King. Maybe a bit more grease is needed there.

Tim
Old 07-06-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
I have been following this thread with eagerness. Once you get more saddle please compare in a bit more detail the ride diferences between the 622 SLX (one of the most comfortable/smoothest bike, IMO) and the Pursuit.

Also, what kind of riding parameters/goals did you provide to Carl when the Pursuit was being designed?

Enjoy the bike. It looks great!
We just spoke about how and where I ride and that I like a fairly smooth ride over race-bike edge. No mountains but there are few flat roads around here and most of my ride tilts up. I also mentioned the Seven tends to wander a bit when climbing slowly in the saddle. The Pursuit seems to track better there but I only have one ride under my belt. My bike is a custom build but is more Supple Road vs Pure Road.

Tim
Old 07-06-2022, 02:22 PM
Deconditioned!

Ride quality aside (not that it's minor), but but but this is a great looking bike.

Your inspiration for the paint job and all that....it really turned out amazing!

Enjoy the ride. Looking forward to seeing more pics and more impressions of the ride.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcteague View Post

Tim
Looks really terrific! Much nicer than some of the other Pursuit paint schemes that I feel will look dated before too long. And yes, the DT240 EXPs make a racket!
Old 07-06-2022, 03:26 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHAero View Post
Looks really terrific! Much nicer than some of the other Pursuit paint schemes that I feel will look dated before too long.
Indeed! Really a good looking machine to be sure..

Quote:
And yes, the DT240 EXPs make a racket!
As good as a bell!. I don't stop pedaling much to have the louder wheels make too much noise, or for too long anyway. But I really do like how quiet my Shimano FHB are...
Old 07-07-2022, 01:08 AM

Met Carl and some of the other folks who make Pursuit happen recently and can't imagine a nicer group of people to buy a bike from. Looks stellar, enjoy it!