Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Bike Fit

Old 07-31-2023, 04:46 PM

Difference in frame geometry

Looking into purchasing another frame to build up - in comparing to my current setup:

https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/o...zero-6-2016-s/

My wilier I'm using a fsa sb30 seatpost and there's quite the stack of spacers (45mm including the headset cover).

The Open M.ind has a slacker seattube and higher stack but much shorter reach). Less spacers is good (a lot less), but I'm not sure on the seattube angle and the setback, since I'd be limited to 15mm of setback on the open frameset.

Any ideas? If it doesn't work I'm going to pass, wanted to see if anyone with a greater understanding would have insight to this.

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (40.5 KB, 94 views)
Old 07-31-2023, 11:22 PM

Some things to consider

It depends on saddle height, but 1 degree of seat tube angle is going to be 10mm of fore/aft on your saddle. It depends on where you are on your rails on the Willier, the Open could work with a straight post.

Also consider that if you have spacers on your Willier, this reduces effective stack. With a 72 degree head tube, a 10mm spacer reduces stack reach by 3mm.

It depends how you look at it, 45mm of spacers reduces reach by 13.5mm, or if you look at the differential of stack (16mm) then in comparative terms the Willier is 15mm longer.

You're on the right track in considering seat tube angle, if you can get your saddle in the right spot it's worth trying as you can correct stack/reach with spacers and stem length.
Old 08-01-2023, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimoots View Post
Some things to consider

It depends on saddle height, but 1 degree of seat tube angle is going to be 10mm of fore/aft on your saddle. It depends on where you are on your rails on the Willier, the Open could work with a straight post.

Also consider that if you have spacers on your Willier, this reduces effective stack. With a 72 degree head tube, a 10mm spacer reduces stack reach by 3mm.

It depends how you look at it, 45mm of spacers reduces reach by 13.5mm, or if you look at the differential of stack (16mm) then in comparative terms the Willier is 15mm longer.

You're on the right track in considering seat tube angle, if you can get your saddle in the right spot it's worth trying as you can correct stack/reach with spacers and stem length.
Thanks for the help. In the end, after running through all my measurements, I'm still coming up with a less than ideal position and I'm done playing the "I'll make the best of it" game when I'm riding all day. Proprietary parts to a frameset also don't help!