Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2020, 08:36 AM

I ordered a pair of shoes from them last month.
Played order on Tuesday night, delivered to me Friday morning!!!!
Old 06-01-2020, 10:24 AM

I placed an order from SwissIconic and received it in about 4 days. I guess that's the difference from FedEx handling the package the entire route and having it handed off from Royal mail to USPS. Again, no worries, I use to get packages from Merlin in 4-5 days but these are different times.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:29 PM

Orders from both Merlin and Probikekit were placed Sunday May 31st and arrived Friday June 5th. All deliveries were handled DHL.

A word on duty and import tax fees, and a little something called the harmonized tariff schedule. Most here seem to know that anything under $800 is duty free, but, if the combined total in your package is that amount or more, you could be taxed up to 30% of the indicated value. In my case, the package from Merlin was taxed 10%, plus $15 for customs to release it ($100.80). I could dispute this with customs and claim I was overcharged, but it could result in a $90 fee if it turns out I was not. I'm not interested in recourse at this point, but if this helps anyone, it's worth posting.

Last edited by YesNdeed; 06-08-2020 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesNdeed View Post
Orders from both Merlin and Probikekit were placed Sunday May 31st and arrived Friday June 5th.

A word on duty and import tax fees, and a little something called the harmonized tariff schedule. Most here seem to know that anything under $800 is duty free, but, if the combined total in your package is that amount or more, you could be taxed up to 30% of the indicated value. In my case, the package from Merlin was taxed 10%, plus $15 for customs to release it ($100.80). I could dispute this with customs and claim I was overcharged, but it could result in a $90 fee if it turns out I was not. I'm not interested in recourse at this point, but if this helps anyone, it's worth posting.

Thank you for that info it is good to know!
Old 06-08-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesNdeed View Post
In my case, the package from Merlin was taxed 10%, plus $15 for customs to release it ($100.80).
Was it delivered by USPS? Initial shipment by DHL?
Old 06-08-2020, 07:30 PM

I bought a groupset from them last Tuesday and it was delivered Sunday via DHL
Old 06-08-2020, 08:24 PM

The parts from Merlin arrived today. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks from the time they were ordered.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:03 PM

So the answer is
It’s all over the map. Fini.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Was it delivered by USPS? Initial shipment by DHL?
All DHL. Post has been edited.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:59 PM

I placed an order with bike24 via paypal on May 15 and never got any notice from them that it was shipped. PayPal says they won’t transfer the money till its ready to ship.

On May 23 I placed another order with them using a Visa card and I received notice the next day with a tracking number via DHL. For the past seven days USPS says they are waiting on DHL to for the package to complete delivery.

Last Thursday I opened a dispute with paypal to get a tracking number from them on my original order. Bike24 gave me a tracking number for that order..........it’s the same tracking number as my May 23 shipment.

I sent them an email on Friday asking if they combined my orders. They haven’t responded.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:24 AM

I ordered Super Record shifters from Merlin on 8 May, they were shipped the very next day. On 10 May USPS in Chicago said the package was processed and released. Not a single update or further progress since the 10th of May. There is a 30 day wait to file a missing package claim with the USPS. I reached out to Merlin a couple weeks ago and they advised patience due to the pandemic. I think that was reasonable. Unless the package pops up in the next couple days I hope Merlin will help me resolve this transaction. After several European cycling purchases this is the first time I've had a problem and it wasn't Merlin's fault. So I'm not sure if they have any obligation to help.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:32 AM

I have 5+ shipments that left sweden early may heading for the USA that has yet to be scanned in usa. They are in a wearhouse somewhere waiting for newman to be bothered i guess

This seem to be happening all over the world. Have package delays in Japan and Ireland as well.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:04 AM

Not that you really need further confirmation of it being all over the map, but pre-covid, last fall I ordered some tires and they took two weeks.

The tracking code they gave me had no activity for over a week then I emailed and they said the package was undergoing routine customs inspection. I was confused on why it took so long because I had just ordered from chain reaction and selected the $5.99 DHL shipping upgrade and received the package 3 business days after ordering. I couldn't believe how quick it was for international.

I'd order from Merlin again as long as I didn't need it any time soon.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:28 AM

I placed an order with Merlin on May 11. Package hasn’t been scanned in Canada yet according to tracking. Pre CV19 I’d normally get parcels in less than 10 days. Still patiently waiting......
Old 06-09-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanyswe View Post
I have 5+ shipments that left sweden early may heading for the USA that has yet to be scanned in usa. They are in a wearhouse somewhere waiting for newman to be bothered i guess

This seem to be happening all over the world. Have package delays in Japan and Ireland as well.
Its the same within Canada, just shipping stuff from province to province, packages are sitting in warehouses waiting to be processed. I have two packs shipped from Ontario, to me in Nova Scotia, around May 20th, still haven't arrived.