Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2019, 06:30 PM
The B!

just sittin here with long sleeves and pants on, sipping hot chococoffee, listening to the rain fall outside my sittin-chair window, throw thrown over my socked feet... disassembled sailboat all over my wet driveway (can't epoxy keels in the rain), all kinda bikes leaning against stuff all over the place, climbing gear stuffed up in a corner.. cooped up a million miles away from anything with an insane 24 year old girlfriend crying about how i don't love her because i get pissed when she belittles me for my occasional erectile dysfunction

after all we've been through, this is the summer the gods send us...? lulz. what a bunch of dicks. somebody shoot a nuke over here, please
Old 08-21-2019, 06:31 PM

Come and try Ft Worth, TX. Hell, Texas anywhere. I’ve been living/riding here for 10 years, prior to that South FL. No comparison, TX makes SFL seem like a walk in the park.
You ride as soon as the sun comes up or you don’t ride.
We’ll cool off around Halloween. Jan & Feb are awesome in knickers and arm warmers.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
just sittin here with long sleeves and pants on, sipping hot chococoffee, listening to the rain fall outside my sittin-chair window, throw thrown over my socked feet... disassembled sailboat all over my wet driveway (can't epoxy keels in the rain), all kinda bikes leaning against stuff all over the place, climbing gear stuffed up in a corner.. cooped up a million miles away from anything with an insane 24 year old girlfriend crying about how i don't love her because i get pissed when she belittles me for my occasional erectile dysfunction

after all we've been through, this is the summer the gods send us...? lulz. what a bunch of dicks. somebody shoot a nuke over here, please
dude you are a dick.......but just because you're in long sleeves
Old 08-21-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msriddle View Post
Come and try Ft Worth, TX. Hell, Texas anywhere. I’ve been living/riding here for 10 years, prior to that South FL. No comparison, TX makes SFL seem like a walk in the park.

We’ll cool off around Halloween. Jan & Feb are awesome in knickers and arm warmers.
25 years in Austin after growing up in Colorado. I hate Texas in August and September...

On a typical 3 hour tempo ride I come back 4.5 lbs lighter.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTHBROOKS View Post
time for a zwift campout
Old 08-21-2019, 09:10 PM

I've enjoyed the last 2 days riding after work. Temps have dropped to around 90 with a dew point of 75 south of Houston, it almost seems cool. Much better than last week's 95+ and feels like 108
Old 08-21-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTHBROOKS View Post
time for a zwift campout
This is funny
Old 08-21-2019, 09:44 PM

I'm ready for winter as I love skiing probably more then riding. The heat and humidity we had on long Island this morning is a reminder why I could never live down south.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod6 View Post
I'm ready for winter as I love skiing probably more then riding. The heat and humidity we had on long Island this morning is a reminder why I could never live down south.
I grew up in Canada and competed in XC & Biathlon. Loved it......especially crispy cold sunny -35C day's........selecting the right wax was supper easy.

When I moved to Washington, D.C. my first summer was hell. Then I got used to it. Moved to NC 3 years ago......summers are about the same as D.C.

What's great about heat and humidity is that with all the sweat covering arms and legs, if you go down you slide better on the pavement.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:13 PM
formerly Landshark_98

Haven't read the whole thread so maybe someone else already mentioned but there was a recent article projecting heat and humidity changes over the next 10-30 years or so and comparing existing cities weather to the existing weather in other cities. Most moved way, way south, things like NYC being more like Mississippe etc. Just sayin'
Old 08-22-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msriddle View Post
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
25 years in Austin after growing up in Colorado. I hate Texas in August and September...

On a typical 3 hour tempo ride I come back 4.5 lbs lighter.
...and yes. However, I usually don't make it that long this time of year.

I'm smack dab in the middle between you guys (Waco area).
Old 08-22-2019, 07:35 PM

Blech

I’m with the OP. This summer has sucked on Long Island. The average highs haven’t been below 80 for months and the humidity seems to peek with highs in the 90s. I’m getting old and cranky. I’m looking past hurricane season and to the fall.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:42 PM

It was 115f during my bike commute home yesterday and accuweather said it was extreme UV with a real feel of 120f...

IMO felt hotter today though it was only 112F.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:46 PM

This is saddle sore season in the humidity here; things are extra swampy. Last year, summer went all the way through hurricane season, Oct. temps in the 90s sometimes. It was rough.

Today it was hot and humid and we had a great, strong line of summer t-storms come through ... I was getting out of class and planning on a MTB ride, but it was raining cats and dogs. I got a hunch and went to a trail on the west side of town right where the line had passed on the radar ... ish. Turned out it had cooled off with the front like everywhere but it hadn't had any rain! a few spits of rain while I was getting dressed at my van and one low rumble of thunder... after that, green grass and high tides.

Huge score. Trail was empty too. Catch as catch can. I'm ready for autumn leaves on the ground and cool air.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Thought this was an interesting article i read yesterday on topic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...rst-go/596431/

be careful out there everyone in the heat. i got wacked harder than i thought i would a few weeks ago and it was ugly. check on your neighbors too, and watch out for each other.