Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tz779 View Post
I got very, very sick when I ate white fish/scrod fillet at a restaurant in Bethel, ME in 1987 (I was up all night, I will spare the details). I grew up on Cape Cod and absolutely lived on FRESH fish. I have not eaten fish since. I walked into a fish market here in Charleston last year (I had an epiphany) and it smelled like “fish” when I opened the door. I left. I have tried. I cannot. Sad.
Your experience in Bethel probably had nothing to do with the fish itself, and everything to do with how it was (mis)handled.

I live on Cape Cod and my two favorite fish are wild salmon (Alaska) and red snapper (Florida). The local stores don't have much of either, since they're not local...

Oh, and some day I'll post a story about trying to find grass feed beef in corn country. (Kansas City) TLR Don't try it...you might get beaten up.

...but you never know where you'll find good fish. I've had some of the best sushi of my life in Austin Texas. I've also had fresh catfish in Austin, but we won't talk of that further...
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 10-26-2020, 05:38 PM
Robin (she/her)

Netflix Video on plant vs meat protein sources

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
Your experience in Bethel probably had nothing to do with the fish itself, and everything to do with how it was (mis)handled.
Oh, absolutely mishandled.

Now, about sources of protein:
https://www.netflix.com/watch/811578...d90bf7a4%2C%2C
Old 10-27-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tz779 View Post
Oh, absolutely mishandled.
On the other hand, there is a fish served as something of a delicacy, not quite sure why, but in quantities larger than 8 oz or so, it seems to cause, um, explosive ....

I think it was escolar.

We sat down at a restaurant and saw this fish listed as a special. As my wife has celiac, we tend to do some research before ordering anything out of the ordinary...

Google provided some spectacular reviews (and not in a good way!) of the effect of this fish.

And no, we didn't order it.
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 10-27-2020, 03:06 PM
Robin (she/her)

[QUOTE=C40_guy;2818904
I think it was escolar.

Google provided some spectacular reviews (and not in a good way!) of the effect of this fish.
.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Bethel Inn concierge took an immediate dislike to me so maybe *he* made my plate?

There is reported to be an excellent fish n chips place in N Charleston. Maybe I can wean myself back starting with that.

For now, I am trying a plant-based diet with minimal dairy. I am lactose intolerant so that is not a big deal.