Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLD 25 View Post
thanks for the advice; you buying?

Just having fun. You have been given multiple choices already is all. They will all work. Pick one.

Have fun
Old 06-18-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post

Just having fun. You have been given multiple choices already is all. They will all work. Pick one.

Have fun
Yeah, just seeing if there was any other options not considered or advice from someone who repaired one on their own with good advice. I will look for a seamstress or tailor.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLD 25 View Post
Yeah, just seeing if there was any other options not considered or advice from someone who repaired one on their own with good advice. I will look for a seamstress or tailor.
The only other thing I can think of is to do it yourself but then you probably already would have.

Seriously though, if worried Kucharik does amazing work. You could always call and see what they say but certainly someone local can manage.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:19 AM

Make sure it's a good seamstress...

I took a favorite jersey to a local seamstress who assured me they could work with lycra, no problem, and they did an absolute crap job on it. I only wear that jersey on the trainer now.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:50 AM

There are a number of tutorials on YouTube as well as various websites and blogs with instructions on how to repair zippers that seperate. Google "how to repair a zipper that seperates or comes undone." If you need new sliders, stops, or a complete zippers and can't find them locally they can be ordered from Quest Outfitters. http://www.questoutfitters.com/zippers.htm
Good luck.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
This^ is a good choice if you can't find someone local. The woman across the street from me can fix anything. She is a bit nuts so that's fun too. She still thinks it's funny to call me Charlie Brown.
This is good to know as I was going to take mine to a local tailor I've used before so now I have a frame of reference for the cost of repairs. FWIW I have a Voler jersey and the YKK zipper works fine but the pull tab (no idea what else to call it) is loose & floppy making one-handed unzips while riding a non-event. I am hoping my guy can replace just that piece with something more like what my Capo or Santini jerseys come with.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:46 PM

UPDATE: Just got my Voler jersey back from my tailor, charge $25 bucks and did a bang up job. While he didn't have the exact type of YKK zipper I was looking for, like Capo uses, it's worlds better. Plus, for another $25 he reduced it down a size from Club cut to race cut so now I'll actually wear the damn thing!
Old 06-22-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Al View Post
UPDATE: Just got my Voler jersey back from my tailor, charge $25 bucks and did a bang up job. While he didn't have the exact type of YKK zipper I was looking for, like Capo uses, it's worlds better. Plus, for another $25 he reduced it down a size from Club cut to race cut so now I'll actually wear the damn thing!
Nice!