Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2015, 05:05 PM

OT - Patriots, again- say it aint so Bill

This ball thing is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If soft balls favor the pass, and Indy relies more on the pass than you do, why would this be an advantage? Oh and by the way, both teams use the same ball so why are we talking about this again?
Old 01-19-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron O View Post
I didn't say this has legs - I'll wait to see how it shakes out. What I did say is that he's a proven, caught, cheating dirt ball...and it's not remotely the same as monica-gate because that was sex. This is him cheating in his role as a head coach. It's more similar to something like Iran-contra - where the leader breaks the laws of the organization.

As far as the rationalizations - I'm sure Boston fans are quite practiced in this argument after defending your dirt ball for 8 years.
Whiskey-Tango-Ah, Nevermind....
Old 01-19-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtayBW View Post
Whiskey-Tango-Ah, Nevermind....
The Pats just signed Lance.

Last edited by djg21; 01-19-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:38 PM
needs adult supervision

I think you'd actually have a surprisingly hard time finding many Pats' fans you like the Hoodie. We think he's an insufferable ass too. But if anyone seriously believes that the Pats have been as great as they have been, for as long as they have been because of Belichek's pushing of the limits is deluding themselves. Hoodie is the best in-game coach and best week-to-week coach in the game. The Pats have rarely had the most talent but they have gotten the most out of the talent they have. Be like us Pats' fan...respect the Hoodie without liking the Hoodie. We wish he wasn't such a tool either, but we're damn glad he's our tool.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:43 PM

His one flaw which has cost him more rings is revenge. Gets rid of good players just because they challenge him a bit. Logan Mankins good example. Using players just as pawns sometime backfires. Wish he had stuck to coaching rather than running whole GM thing.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:44 PM

I'm a Pats fan, and I like the hoodie. I hate being told how I am supposed to feel.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velomonkey View Post
I'm trying to be a bit fair here, 20 former players is gonna be a hard task.

The vast majority of players have said "the guy is a hard ass, but the guy gets the absolute best out of you." - Wes Welker being the best most recent example. How many players have had issues and almost lost their career and then had a phoenix rising to only go on to play for the pats and other teams at their former glory. Taleb, Moss, Revis - the list goes on.

The guy is the Steve Jobs of NFL coaching. The steelers had Blount - he did 2 TDs in, what, 12 games. His first game back on the pats he gets almost 2 TDs and then 4 TDs in the conference championship game. The steelers can't get into the playoffs cause they - wait for it - don't have another RB. You could not ask for a better example of how one coach can operate versus another coach. I like the steelers, but, sorry, they lost that one and that was a wicked bad decision. Sure I know that players get different output on different teams - they lost their spot cause they didn't have a 2nd RB - it's pathetic.

Deflated balls is just grasping at straws. Steve Jobs was't personable, wasn't nice, wasn't friendly - but the dude got results. Same here.
Not a fan of the Pats or BB. BUT, excellent summation and comparison above. Well said.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Our coach is a dirt ball for that matter.
Aaron, who is your coach? Chip Kelly? Sre are you. Philly person with an out if town allegiance?

As a fairly devout Eagles fan who assume you mean Kelly, I wonder what prompts this?
Old 01-19-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
What I did say is that he's a proven, caught, cheating dirt ball...and it's not remotely the same as monica-gate because that was sex. This is him cheating in his role as a head coach. It's more similar to something like Iran-contra - where the leader breaks the laws of the organization.
It really is weird to me how much some people hate Belichick. I see lots of comments on internet message boards and I picture these people, gritting their teeth and hammering at the keyboards with their sweaty little fingers.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daker13 View Post
It really is weird to me how much some people hate Belichick. I see lots of comments on internet message boards and I picture these people, gritting their teeth and hammering at the keyboards with their sweaty little fingers.
Ya gotta take the winning record, past history, and your location into account.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
The Pats just sign Lance.
Good one. LA could still make it in in the NFL, if he has any hand/eye coordination, don't know.. Driven, work ethic, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. If he can bulk up, I see a WR position for him.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
I'm a Pats fan, and I like the hoodie. I hate being told how I am supposed to feel.
I thinks he's among the best to ever coach in the NFL and I like him. Sure I get disappointed when he trades away marquis players, but he has been masterful at getting the players he does have to produce. I don't need him to cosy up to the press; I'd prefer him to stay quiet and win.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Do you really want to do a battle of links? I can post 20 of former players and coaches calling him a dirt ball.
I would love to see such links for sure. I'm a huge patriots homer but I like to think I'm also a rationale human being so I can definitely be swayed. The being said the ball thing makes no sense to me because how is it cheating if it benefits both sides (which is to say I don't see a reason why to engage in it so I don't think it happened at this point - very limited incentives).

Also Aaron Hernandez was clearly framed. (Just kidding on that last part).

I'm not sure I'd want to hang out with Bill Belichek but I love having him as New England's coach because I just don't see how anyone can deny he's better than any coach currently coaching and likely ever.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydyates View Post
Aaron, who is your coach? Chip Kelly? Sre are you. Philly person with an out if town allegiance?

As a fairly devout Eagles fan who assume you mean Kelly, I wonder what prompts this?
I'm guessing from his reference to the 2004 super bowl he's a panthers fan. On a side note for panthers fans, I used to work with a relative of Chris Gamble and he gave me a signed football without any real reason to - he seemed like a genuinely nice dude from the extremely limited interaction I had with him.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Cat 6

They are the best team- unless they have to play the Giants in the Super Bowl